BP blower thoughts....

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Joel B., Nov 14, 2002.

1. Joel B.

Joel B. LawnSite Senior Member
    from MN

I am thinking about getting another blower for a spare. I have an Echo PB-603 and like it very much.

Would it make sense to get another 603 to be able to swap parts in an emergency? I don't care for the 650 because of the throttle placement, I like it right on the handle and, yes, I have used both.

Where is the throttle on the Redmax 7001? Would I be better off with a 7001 (seems to be the latest and greatest) and lose the ability to swap parts?

Thanks to all,

Joel B.
  2. Doogiegh

Doogiegh LawnSite Senior Member

Redmax 7001 has a right hand tube and throttle control. There is a "Stump" I guess you could call it on the tube and your hand wraps around that. The more you squeeze the trigger, the faster it blows. There is also "cruise" which will lock the blower into a certain airspeed so you don't have to constantly be squeezing, which is nice.

The on/off switch is thumb controlled on the stub.

I bought my redmaxx 7001 from Captain devo on here. Great transaction and if you do a search for redmax 7001 you will not find a single negative review about that blower yet...

You may have someone say that a shind or stihl is stronger than echo and they all debate back and forth..

But even guys who have used the other brands, which I have not, who have used the Redmax 7001 in particular have said it is the strongest one out there.

3. LB Landscaping

LB Landscaping LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Maine

I just bought an Echo 603 and I love it. I was considering the Redmax but it was $100 more. I think the 603 is a great machine. I agree and I like the right hand throttle too, same reason I didn't get the 650.
  4. Lawn Sharks

Lawn Sharks LawnSite Senior Member

I'm with you on that. After testing the 650 I ended up with the 603. Not because of cost (only a few bucks different) but I like to walk behind shrubs to get everything and the throttle on the 650 was a pain. Like having one had free to push branches out of the way etc. I know it has "cruise control" but the 603 was plenty strong on wet leaves and I just liked it better. Get another 603.

5. Joel B.

Joel B. LawnSite Senior Member
    from MN

Does anyone know if Echo has a different throttle option for the 650 or if they are coming out with a new model that has the right hand throttle?

Joel B.
  6. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

I would get another Echo. (No, you won't "swap" parts, you'll just grab the other blower). I jave two PB 601's. I carry them both. (on the trailer - not ME at once!):D