BP blower tube..

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by 04TurfT, Nov 13, 2006.

1. 04TurfT

04TurfT LawnSite Senior Member

I wanna know what yall do with your blower tubes when your blowers are on the rack...With mine now I have a little square piece of metal on the side of my trailer that I guide the tube into evertime, but its' starting to get in the way of my mower, I was wondering if there is a better way? And one more thing, why do you see guys taking off the last section of the blower tube? It seems to me like you would be losing a lot of power? thanks

2. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Some guys take a piece of PVC and cut a section out lengthwise. They do so it is just big enough to pop the blower tube in, and it will slide out if pulled on. Myself, my blowers sit on a shelf with the chainsaw and handheld hedgesaw.

3. 04TurfT

04TurfT LawnSite Senior Member

anyone else?

4. dcondon

dcondon LawnSite Silver Member

Ours always just laid on the deck of the trailer. It never moved.

5. MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE

MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE LawnSite Bronze Member

We let em hang and flop seems no matter how you think you get it together you will always go back to slapping on the rack and leaving it.

6. Josh.S

Josh.S LawnSite Bronze Member

I used to let mine just lay in the trailer, and a couple weeks ago the aerater slid back and poked holes in the tube :laugh: ... nothing that duct tape couldn't fix..

I'm only using the BP for big lots and leaf jobs now since I bought a Stihl handheld blower a couple weeks ago, it cost over $200 but is so nice for just blowing off driveways and stuff.... I like it alot better than the BP's...

7. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Can't post a pic............:(

8. Tharrell

Tharrell LawnSite Silver Member

I have an Echo 750 and a blowermate rack. I just swing the tube up behind and use a bungee cord to secure it to the lock.

9. naturescape

naturescape LawnSite Bronze Member

Boy, you better try removing it. You'll have way MORE power!! I have the last 2 tubes off of mine, works GREAT, easier to use and handle! Try it.

10. DaughtryLC

DaughtryLC LawnSite Senior Member

I have a green touch rack and it has a tube holder on it. I think the rack was about $89.00