1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

BP Blower

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by magicmike, Feb 2, 2013.

1. magicmike

magicmike LawnSite Senior Member

I am starting out this season and I need some advice on what backpack blower to go with. I am leaning towards redmax or shindaiwa. I am willing to spend up to 550 to 600 on a blower. If you can add your cost to operate for the blower you recommend that will help out alot. Thanks
  2. Landrus2

Landrus2 LawnSite Platinum Member

Red max 8500 best out there. 5 gallons of fuel in 8 hours open wide:waving:
  3. Darryl G

Darryl G LawnSite Fanatic

If you're gonna get the Redmax 8500 may as well buy the Husqvarna 580 instead because it has a waist belt, which is a nice thing to have when you've got almost 30 pounds on your back...your hips are a much better place to carry it than your shoulders in my opinion. They are gigantic, heavy and loud as hell but nothing blows as hard. If you go with a Shindaiwa, I'd go with the 802 over the 854.
  4. rbljack

rbljack LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

I just picked up the BR600 on friday, and used it today....SO much better than my previous handhelds. I love it so far...good luck in your choice.
  5. echo

echo LawnSite Bronze Member

And Pantano Equpment a sponsor here puts the Husky on sale on eBay pretty often. $475 free shipping not long ago. Much cheaper than the Redmax and a better harness/belt system.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  6. H & M Yard Improvements

H & M Yard Improvements LawnSite Member

I have a Red Max 8050! Thing is a beast! Heavy as hell but it can move mountains of leaves! Looking to get a 8500 later this year!
    Posted via Mobile Device
  7. ygim

ygim LawnSite Senior Member

The redmax 8500 is really light well worth the money. Can't go wrong. I used to always buy Stihl blowers not anymore.
  8. Darryl G

Darryl G LawnSite Fanatic

The 8500 is light? I've heard it called a lot of things, but I think light is a first, lol.
  9. Belgium

Belgium LawnSite Member

I have recently bought the echo 770, which is a lot stronger than thr br600. But when i bought it, i couldn't decide between te husqvarna 580 (guess a whole lot stronger) and the echo, so i just went with the brand i know (own a lot of echo equipment) but i feel i should have bought the husky.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  10. TN_mower

TN_mower LawnSite Member
    from TN

Get the Shindaiwa EB802RT and then thank me later.