bp blower

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by liltex, Jun 6, 2004.

1. liltex

liltex LawnSite Member

i am looking for a backpack blower with hip control. my neighbor has a shindaiwa with it but the new ones i see on ebay has stick or tube control. i hope this makes sense
  2. MikeLT1Z28

MikeLT1Z28 LawnSite Bronze Member

get the redmax 7001, they make a right or left handed model. the right hand has the grip/throttle and the left hand folds down like what you are looking for.
  3. MikeLT1Z28

MikeLT1Z28 LawnSite Bronze Member

didn't mean to quote, meant to edit....
  4. Itsgottobegreen

Itsgottobegreen LawnSite Silver Member

The good old echo PB-400e. Built like a tank. Since it is a cast alum. housing. Everything other blower is plastic. I got one that 12 years(my father bought it a long time ago, then I got it) old and one thats 6 to 8 (got it used from a pawn shop). They start up every day. Can take a lot of abuse. Both have bounced out of the truck at least once. Echo still makes them. They has stopped for one year and got more angry letters about it than anything else. So they started back up. Has hip mounted controls. I wouldn't have anything else. Its one of the only old school landscape equipment still in production.
  5. liltex

liltex LawnSite Member

no i want one that has hip control. not one with grip or the fold down type. i've got to check out the 400e.
  6. TClawn

TClawn LawnSite Silver Member

do you mind me asking but why do you want hip control?
  7. vipermanz

vipermanz LawnSite Bronze Member

^^ might be left handed ^^

Go RedmaX!!!
  8. imograss

imograss LawnSite Senior Member

Did you get it going vipermanz?
  9. liltex

liltex LawnSite Member

just know what i want but don't have the time for shopping around looking for it. full time job plus i have 45 accounts. the commercial store closes before i get a chance. the shin eb630 is what i want but all the ones i see on ebay have some long grip control.
  10. The C Man

The C Man LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

Several of the more powerful Echo blowers have hip control. I just looked at a PB-650 with it yesterday.