BP Gas Stations, anybody?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by battags, Jul 18, 2006.

1. battags

battags LawnSite Senior Member

Anyone have any trouble with BP stations or their managers? I have a number of locations that I service in NE Ohio, and I can't quite figure them out!

All of the stations are in the same sales district and all of the managers seem to have different expectations of my services. One manager has adopted a Laisse-Faire attitude but seems to be happy with the work. Two others sing my praises and have been key in referring me to other store locations. And one talked me down by 25% on my weekly service rate and is now unhappy with what she gets!

Some managers want to save money at all costs and have their employees do mundane tasks such as picking up trash around the site. Others pay us a little extra to do the work. Now I have 'Ms. Unhappy', who has been with the company for 15 years, who wants all the goods without givin up the Benjamins!

Maybe I just need to meet with the District Manager to see what his goals are for the corp? What do you think?

2. Team-Green L&L

Team-Green L&L LawnSite Bronze Member

I'm in SW Ohio and have multiple BP's on our route and have installed several landscapes for them. As I know it, the majority of ours are franchises. If this is the case then that's what you're dealing with.
  3. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 LawnSite Platinum Member

I have one in MN, but it's owned by a solo-op.
  4. Team-Green L&L

That's what franchising is. If you already knew that disregard.
  5. All Season Bill

All Season Bill LawnSite Member

Andy! Get to work buddy!
  6. Team-Green L&L

I am sure trying. I work 22 out 24 anyway. We're joining a couple large organization right now that are riding us on safety, so we had to take 2 days off. We're back in action in the morn though. I'm getting office-fever!:dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy: