1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

br 600 or pb 500 h

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by scottslawncareav, Feb 16, 2013.

1. scottslawncareav

scottslawncareav LawnSite Member

getting new blowwer currently running br 350 would you get echo pb 500 h or the sthil br 600
  2. Jaybrown

Jaybrown LawnSite Bronze Member

Magnum 600
  3. rbljack

rbljack LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

I bought a BR600 for a clean up job recently. Prior to that, all i used was handhelds. The BR600 puts them to shame! Loving it so far, but i have no experience with the echo. Good luck with your decision.
  4. crazyflyboy30

crazyflyboy30 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Alabama

Husqvarna 580BTS or the Husqvarna 570BTS the 570 is the best deal but for all out power go with the 580 I know I did :drinkup: Got my 580BTS for $476 out the door.:cool2:
  5. weeze

weeze LawnSite Fanatic

i have the br600 and it's a good blower but i think i'm gonna get a husqvarna 580bts next.
  6. GMLC

GMLC LawnSite Platinum Member

Stihl BR600 hands down.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  7. Lazer_Z

Lazer_Z LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

He didn't ask about the Husquvarna, he asked about a BR600 or a PB 500 H. To the OP I'd say go for the BR 600 Mag, no questions.
  8. Rvldesign

Rvldesign LawnSite Member

Well you can't really compare the 600 to the echo 500 I ran both and the comparable echo to the Stihl 600 would be echos 770 not the 500. That being said if you not using it for clean ups and just cleaning up after mowing save the money and get the 500 but if your doing clean up and leaves I wouldnt waste the money of the 500. I own both the echo 500 and 770 and they are night and day apart by power that is.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  9. crazyflyboy30

crazyflyboy30 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Alabama

You will like the 580BTS.I will see what my dealer sell one for .I got my blower $476 but it was in package deal.
  10. Patrick @ WandoPower

Patrick @ WandoPower LawnSite Member

I try not to trash-talk Stihl too much, but from my experience with the blowers imparticular, I dont know how you guys are getting any sort of decent service life out of these. We get more irrepairable Stihl BR's than any other piece of equipment out there, by far. The Echo is a reliable machine, but not very service-friendly (this is coming from an Echo signature dealer). I'd have to agree, the Husqvarna/Redmax blowers are the best out there right now for power/weight/price ratio. If you can get a 580BTS for anywhere near $476 i'd suggest you buy every one in stock, list on that blower is $579(this is the 77cc model). The 350BT is actually the blower that would compete more in engine size with the Echo you mentioned(50cc machines). The Stihl is a 64CC and would compete with Husqvarna's 560BTS/570BTS(both 66cc models, the 570 is a full framed unit though). Not sure how much you can get the Stihl for, but the 66CC Husky's are a really good alternative, these are made by Redmax and of excellent quality.