1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Br 600 Wwwooowww!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Lasko's Lawn Service, Apr 25, 2008.

1. Lasko's Lawn Service

Lasko's Lawn Service LawnSite Member

Just wanted to pass along a word of thanks regarding advice obtained from members on this site. I was wondering if the BR 600 was really worth the money....barring future problems, I'm very happy with the purchase....it was a massive time saver on a few commercial jobs that I did last night....man, it's like strapping a tornado on your back....love it...this site rocks!!!
  2. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

Yeah, after I bought my br-600 I noticed that too.
  3. Just Mow

Just Mow LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

Congrats, Hang on tight.
  4. magbarn

magbarn LawnSite Member

Yeah I can't wait to pick mine up from the dealer today, another dealer tried to hawk me the BR550. He kept telling me you couldn't tell the difference between the 550 & 600 lol. When I looked at it the 550 was quite dusty so it's sat on the shelf for awhile, while he was sold out on the br600's. I wonder why? :rolleyes:
  5. packey

packey LawnSite Senior Member

thats awesome. I have been throughly impressed with my 550 that thing has some power so I can only imagine what the 600 can do.
  6. tb8100

tb8100 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from TX

What's that 600 run?
  7. Lazer_Z

Lazer_Z LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

$513.95 w/ tax at my dealer.
  8. yungman

yungman LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Calif.

I had it in my dealer for $379, one time deal in January. If you can, wait, seem like Stihl have a lot of promotion going all the time, always see special. I have seen FS100 for $269!!! BR550 for $299!!
  9. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

Nice post. Good attitude. We may yet get along. :)
  10. bill8379

bill8379 LawnSite Senior Member

I like it but I found it a little difficult to get it off my back, mind you I only used it for one clean up so far. I thought I was just going to blow thatch into piles and even though it was a windy day, I still think the lawn vac is a better way to gather up thatch.

I was real surprised to see how the engine is supported by springs and I could definetely feel the torque when I power it up. I'm still breaking it in so I'm not even going full power yet.