Br 600

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by 6'7 330, May 23, 2006.

1. 6'7 330

6'7 330 LawnSite Bronze Member

Our dealer sold us some sthil BR600 blowers. My nephew was just telling me the guys in the field love them,because they are much lighter then the Redmax and Echo blowers.We picked them up for 450$ ,we will see how they do in the fall.If the Stihl works out,we will be completely standardizeing on the Sthil 4-mix family of products.

2. DynaMow

DynaMow LawnSite Senior Member

Bill is $450 a good deal on those units?

3. carcrz

carcrz LawnSite Silver Member

I think it is! I think after tax, I ended up around $520. I think they retailed for like $470???

4. 6'7 330

6'7 330 LawnSite Bronze Member

Craig,

I really don't know,I am loyal to my dealer because of the way he takes care of my company,so if they were a little higher,it still is well worth buying from him. BUT, judging by what we paid for our Redmax blowers in 2005, 499.00,I have a suspicion 450$ is a good price.

5. ow man

ow man LawnSite Member

In my area, The BR 600's have been tested against the RedMax 8000's The RedMax units blew them away, hands down! Also, you will have maintanance issues with your 4 mix engines. Valve adjustments, decarbonizing, etc. every 30 to 50 hrs. RedMax has the Stratocharged engines that are true 2 stroke without catalytic converters, and no maintanance. Some of RedMax's new engines are even phase 3 EPA certified. They are way ahead of the competiton. Did you know that there are 34 moving parts in a Stihl 4 mix valve train? That's a lot of moving parts to wear out.
    We'll keep our RedMax's. The two pound difference isn't worth it.

6. DynaMow

DynaMow LawnSite Senior Member

cant wait to hear what a professional (like you) thinks of the difference between the redmax and sthil blowers. My buddy has a Redmax that I have borrowed and loved it, Keep us posted

7. kc2006

kc2006 LawnSite Silver Member

Ever since I got the shaft on the 550 I won't use any stihl equipment again. The 4 cycle stuff scares me after that adventure. I know it's easy to adjust the valves but geez when they'd go out of adjustment in half a day, and if the blower was held unlevel on your back (I use one strap most of the time) it wouldn't run right, had no power, had alot of flow (cfm) but just couldn't move much. The only nice thing about them, they weren't as shakey as the 2 cycle stuff/ quiet/and the back pad was comfy.

No offense Bill and I don't mean to hijack the thread, just I have to talk down about stihl because their product and the dealer gave me the shaft. The 8000 in my opinion has more moving power, and I'd live with the extra 4lbs of weight and less headaches.

8. gunner27

gunner27 LawnSite Member
    from ohio

Tested? What kind of test? I have had no problems with mine at all. Do you run Stihl equipment? I'm not a big operation, but the member who started this topic is. I think I'll take is evaluation and see how it goes. Also, my buddy has a rather large LCO, he switched to all Red Max a few years ago, and is starting to get tired of constant poor craftsmanship......?????

9. gunner27

gunner27 LawnSite Member
    from ohio

Tested? What kind of test? I have had no problems with mine at all. Do you run Stihl equipment? I'm not a big operation, but the member who started this topic is. I think I'll take his evaluation and see how it goes. Also, my buddy has a rather large LCO, he switched to all Red Max a few years ago, and is starting to get tired of constant poor craftsmanship......?????

10. CuttinUP

CuttinUP LawnSite Senior Member

That Redmax 8000 with the Stratto Charged engine won't last as long as the 7000's did. My dealer sells both redmax and sthil and they talked me out of the redmax 8000 and said to go with the sthil stuff instead Sthil equipment has been great for me so far and I plain on getting the BR 600 soon.