1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Br400 died/bought a br600 dead too

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by fourbybud, Mar 26, 2009.

1. fourbybud

fourbybud LawnSite Member
    from Ohio

Hey guys, last week my old BR400 died so I bought a BR600. Picked it up Saturday, died on Sunday. Took in for repair on Monday. Picked up and it died Tueday evening(dealer adjusted carb). Dropped back off on Wednesday. Dealer ran all day and finally got it to act up, so they put a new coil in it. Tonight I get home and it still doing the thing, only this time I had my wife video tape it dying on my cell phone.
    What shoul I do now?:confused:
  2. MajesticUSA

MajesticUSA LawnSite Member

Well that sucks, I'm in the process of deciding on a new blower. I had it down to the Echo-755 and Shindaiwa-802 but I posted thread to see peoples opinion on the two and got a few responses saying get the stihl BR600. Hearing your story doesn't help sway my opinion but hopefully its a fluke problem. Hey if I bought a 500$ blower and it didn't work mint from day one I'd return it for another one, never let em work on a brand new machine. If I were you I'd tell em you want an exchange for a new one or your money back (if it's within 30days of course). For that money you want a fresh start with a perfect machine not one that they tinkered around with to get running ok.
  3. chrissmart123

chrissmart123 LawnSite Member

just go REDMAX you won't be sorry
  4. Sammy

Sammy LawnSite Bronze Member

I think that Stihl has a 30 day return for any reason.
  5. yeayea14

yeayea14 LawnSite Member

Buy a redmax, you'll love it!!!
  6. P.Services

P.Services LawnSite Fanatic

stihl said the br600 burns 28% less fuel....... because it only runs 72% of the time if your a lucky sob
  7. tamadrummer

tamadrummer LawnSite Bronze Member

Sounds just like my blower when I got it. Have them look at the welch plugs in the carb. My dealer spent hours getting it to work and never could. They sent it to Stihl in Orlando, and they replaced the carb with one that has plugs with a glue that won't disolve with E-10 fuel.
  8. sslopok

sslopok LawnSite Member

Don't tell them to look at anything. Tell them you want a new one!
  9. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic

Exactly. If they are worth anything they will give you one. And if they arent then you will know to never ever go there again for anything.
  10. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

Yeah well I think it could be that you got a fuel problem, and maybe not,
    but I'm half thinking you're running straight fuel in them, so I'd be all for checking that out
    because if that is your problem you could be very SOL

So dump out whatever crap is in that can you've been using and start over with some
    premium 93 octane and a little bottle of pure Stihl mix oil, at least then you know that's not it.
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2009