BR400 Vs EB7001

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Jackman, May 9, 2004.

1. Jackman

Jackman LawnSite Member
    from Zone

What is best for you Stihl BR400 or Redmax EB7001? I currently have the BR400 but am considering the EB7001 I tried the EB7001 seem good but not real good imop an equal to the BR400,however all I read about the Redmax is that its the best way ahead of all others. So what do you think Stihl or Redmax?

2. The C Man

The C Man LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

Stihl is coming out with a new blower (supposedly this summer/fall although I've also read not until 2005) that will be based on their 4-Mix engine, supposed to be mega-powerful. I know that doesn't answer your Q but thought I'd throw the info out there in case you weren't aware of it.

3. GrassFearsMe

GrassFearsMe LawnSite Senior Member

Redmax is supposed to be comin out with a new blower too, if you dont desperatly need one now wait till the fall. Otherwise i own mostly redmax (3) with the exception of (1) shindaiwa.

4. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

HUH?????????????
    I have a BR400 and 2 Redmax blowers. There is NO COMPARISON AT ALL. The Redmax are stronger than 2 BR 400's put together.

5. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

A BR400 against a Redmax 7001? You're kiddin', right?. Like hoss said, there is no comparison. Echo 650/750 up against a Redmax 7000/70001 yes. BR400? No way...coincidently, I have exactly one of all those 5 diff blowers.

6. ElephantNest

ElephantNest LawnSite Bronze Member
    from La.

The only difference is this: The 7001 can blow the BR400 down the driveway.

7. TheKingNJ

TheKingNJ LawnSite Senior Member

Yeah the Redmax is King

8. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

No doubt....I recently ran over my throttle cable on my br400 (dont ask) and went out and bought the EB7001......and they are right....no comparison at all!!!

How did you compare the two??? Blowing dried grass at close range is not a valid comparison. Wait until you need to blow some wet, matted up leaves. The Redmax will really shine then. What are they going for in your area??? They have them on ebay for $429.

9. Jackman

Jackman LawnSite Member
    from Zone

Thanks all excellent replys, sounds like Redmax is the way to go. My test run of the Redmax was probly alittle lame I just blew off a small driveway after cutting the lawn, most like would have been impressed had I had some leaves to move. I had asked my dealer about the new EB8000 he look at me kinda funny and said he did'nt know what I was talking about and said his Redmax rep has not mentioned anything about a new model blower, just the same Ill wait until fall and see if a new model comes out..