1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

BR600 Blew up.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Andyshine77, May 28, 2007.

1. Andyshine77

Andyshine77 LawnSite Member

Last Friday I was doing some cleanup work with my br600 and it let go with a pop:cry: this pos only had about 10 hours on it. I immediately took it to my dealer, where he disassembled it right in front of me, it appears the intake valve stem snapped and the valve drooped into the cylinder causing the rod to snap. Dealer said he's had nothing but problems with the 4mix blowers, and gave my a full refund, he's a very good dealer and I have done business with him for over 20 years.

Anyway I'm now in the market for a new blower and it's not going to be a Stihl, I'd like to get a ebz8001 but there are on dealers within 50 miles, so my question is what do you all think about the eb8510? I can buy one for under $500 do you think it's better than the br600? how does it compare to the ebz8001?

Thanks Andy.
  2. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic

When something breaks with 10 hours on it it was bad from the factory and thats what warranties are for. I have been pleased with my 600's. Seems like it would be a waste to go to another dealer for a blower when you have a good one already.
  3. Jeepster

Jeepster LawnSite Member

Really, The Dealer treated you right. Buy another one off him and try again. What do you have to lose?
  4. mowingtowing

mowingtowing LawnSite Member

why not consider an echo? I have 3 650's and 1 750 and love them, going to buy a 755 for the fall for my best guy to use.
  5. 02DURAMAX

02DURAMAX LawnSite Gold Member

Yea why not consider echo?.....I have never had a problem With my 750..
  6. Groomer

Groomer LawnSite Bronze Member

I've been using the 600's for over a year now, no complaints here, you got a bad one.
  7. Andyshine77

Andyshine77 LawnSite Member

The Dealer did treated me right, he always does, at this time my dealer will not be selling or stocking any 4mix blowers until Stihl comes up with something better. I've talked with other dealers and Commercial mowers in my area and they all dislike the 4mix blowers so the stihl is out.

I have considered Echo, however from past experiences I have found Echo products to be under powered. Are they better now? Any thoughts about the big Shin?
  8. Pristine PM

Pristine PM LawnSite Member

I have two C4 engines, on a line trimmer and hedge trimmer. The hedge trimmer has been great, but the valves on the line trimmer have had a few issues. I used it all of last season and this season I bought 5 FS 85s and love them. I do have 5 BR 600s and love them, no problems after 60 hours.
  9. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

You do understand the Shindaiwa 8510 is also a hybrid engine right?
    (4mix type too)
    But just like if you got another BR600... either could be perfect.

What else does THAT Stihl dealer sell in the way of blowers?

EVERYBODY makes at least one OK blower in the power range of the 600.

If Shindaiwa is the other brand THAT dealer sells, the heck, why not?

EB8510RT (hybrid) or EB630RT
  10. David Hartzog

David Hartzog Banned

Echo is a great machine. But if i had all the back pack blowers made in front of me, i would grab the redmax 8000 or what ever there newest one is. I am just so pleased with it and i even let the other lawn care in town try it. They have every thing from stile to echo and i just keep getting the same response Holy (Beep)
    Lets put it this way the machine can push you back.I do get a lot more work done. So please buy a redmax at least find someone that has one and strap it on and i bet $10.00 you buy one and if you don't, you keep your money cause you won't get as much done and you'll need it for you're helpers...............