Br600 DEAD AT 7 HOURS?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Puddle of Oil, Nov 19, 2012.

1. Puddle of Oil

Puddle of Oil LawnSite Bronze Member

Nope, I run 50:1 mix.

2. IXINRGIXI

IXINRGIXI LawnSite Senior Member

dang straight their chainsaw are good but i will not touch the sting/hedge trimmers, and backpack blowers.. redmax/tanaka/echo for me

3. SECTLANDSCAPING

SECTLANDSCAPING LawnSite Member

I have 2 stihl backpacks and every year I have a starting issue. Nothing has broke yet but I had clogged filter screens, gas in the muffler, and just random nonsense.

The shindy after 3 years needed a carb kit.

The redmax after 5 years is in the shop right now for a no start issue.

I havent had a problems with the others besides what is mentioned but the stihls have a issue once or twice a year. There not junk like echo but are high in maintenance.

4. Greyst1

Greyst1 LawnSite Senior Member

Did you get it at Bair's or HH?

5. orangemower

orangemower LawnSite Silver Member
    from pa

What no valve adjustment? That's what they need the most.

6. kawasaki guy

kawasaki guy LawnSite Fanatic

Valves I bet. What gas did run in it?

7. lawnboy dan

lawnboy dan LawnSite Gold Member

the straps are a joke. i have 2 br600,s but only use them for big leaf jobs as i realize they arnt going to hold up to daily use-just too cheaply made. power is awesume

8. Darryl G

Darryl G LawnSite Fanatic

Actually the BR600 is kind of weak for a top of the line blower.

9. CowboysLawnCareDelaware

CowboysLawnCareDelaware LawnSite Senior Member
    from DE

This past season was my first year and I use a Toro 36" t-bar gear drive mower, Echo 235 weedwacker, all Echo chainsaws, hedge trimmers, pole saw/hedge trimmer. As well as a Husqvarna 130BT, I bought this unit for $199 at Lowes two years ago before I was a business. I cut 15 lawns a week then and this season I was cutting 20 lawns a week and the Husqvarna can take care of any grass clean-up but it is on the weaker side for leaves, only 150mph. I have no complaints, I was trying to save and I feel that I save my money exactly were I needed to when I was starting out. I haven't done any maintenance to it and it still runs like new.

Highly recommended for grass clipping clean-up.

-Michael

10. Puddle of Oil

Puddle of Oil LawnSite Bronze Member

Hartville Hardware

I was actually 3 minutes from bairs when it crapped out. To bad I didn't buy it from them, could have had it replaced within 15 minutes.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2012