BR600: Deceptive power

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by qwaller, Sep 29, 2007.

1. qwaller

qwaller LawnSite Member

Just some initial thoughts on my newly acquired Stihl BR600. Moves more air than it seems due to the different sound than a straight 2 stoker. Maybe I got lucky, but it starts on the first pull when cold (primer bulb and full choke). Pleasantly surprised so far. I'm starting to believe in this thing. Maybe these newer motors are the wave of the future similar to what 4 strokes have done to motocross, supercross, X-Games, etc.
  2. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

I think it is the way of the future keep us posted on reliability info. With those valves they should start right is hot start on a 100F day.

MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE LawnSite Bronze Member

Not me i will stick with 2 stroke.
  4. NC Greenscaper

NC Greenscaper LawnSite Senior Member

I've had a BR600 since March and it still starts on the first pull everytime. Has good power, too.
  5. lawnboy dan

lawnboy dan LawnSite Gold Member

mine starts 1 or 2 nd pull every time
  6. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic

Why is that? I think your going to have to get used to them, they are the future. Quieter and more powerful. I just retired my last 2cycle, the last one I will ever own.
  7. delphied

delphied LawnSite Silver Member

Im gonna replace my redmax and shinny stuff with stihl 4 stroke as they puke.

MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE LawnSite Bronze Member

The redmax's we are running are the most powerful ope i have ever used, till the epa kills em.
  9. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

Yeah just you wait, get into some thick leaves, you'll see.
    Then what you do is get your old one out, after you've been using the 600 for a bit, and try to compare.

I don't even use them anymore, other than the handheld, trimmer, and chainsaw.
  10. bigjeeping

bigjeeping LawnSite Senior Member

I have 3, started using them a year ago this summer. Always start 1 pull. Amazing machine.