BR600 idle

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by jrsue58, Nov 1, 2012.

1. jrsue58

jrsue58 LawnSite Member

I bought a used br600 from my lawn guy. He told me it sometimes wouldn't idle when hot. He said he has just been running it like that, cause if you fether the throttle a little it takes right off, and it does run fine mid range and wide open. After using it myself it was as he stated, runs fine but when left to rest at idle it will stop. When its cold it idles fine, but when warm it wont idle.

So anyway I want it running right so am gonna take it to the stihl dealer and have him look at it. I just wanted a heads up on what is likely the problem with it.

My lawn guy said he always used stihl ultra, not sure about the premium fuel. my guess is valves were not ever adjusted, and my guess is 100-120 hrs on unit

thx

2. jrsue58

jrsue58 LawnSite Member

What no ideas???

3. vaacutabove

vaacutabove LawnSite Bronze Member

Turn up the idle dont have one with me today but should be easy to find online.
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. flakeys

flakeys LawnSite Member

Mine started to do the same thing yesterday. If I find anything out, I'll post it. I am going to keep an eye on this thread for an answer myself, though. Let us know if you find a fix. I thought maybe had to do with the cheap 2 cycle I used this year or a dirty fuel filter, but he used stihl oil so that probably isn't it. I have not taken my fuel filter out yet.

5. StihlBR600

StihlBR600 LawnSite Senior Member

Dirty Carb. Mine did the same thing.

6. BigFish

BigFish LawnSite Gold Member

Whaddaya want???? You said yer takin' to a stihl dealer.

7. jrsue58

jrsue58 LawnSite Member

I am taking it to the dealer, want a heads up on what the problem may be, so the guy doesn't just run up a bill on me.

8. blake101

blake101 LawnSite Senior Member

What is the latest on the BR600? I vote for just putting a new carb on, if its carb issues.