BR600 Not giving its all?????

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Cigarcop, Nov 3, 2005.

1. Cigarcop

Cigarcop LawnSite Member

I bought the br600 a few weeks ago and its definitely strong, however and I'm not sure how to describe this but it seems like it should scream more. Is this just me or does anyone else think the same. My old echos are screamers and this thing just sounds like its puttin along. Doing the job though thats for sure, but it seems like it could do more.

2. Mowgli

Mowgli LawnSite Member

I was thinking the same thing. My BR550 was very powerful but it sounds like it runs half porwer. I think, because of the 4-mix engin. It was not suppose to be very loud.

3. Cigarcop

Cigarcop LawnSite Member

Yep, sounds like its only at half power is a good way to explain it.

4. the scaper

the scaper LawnSite Senior Member

Did you guys ask your dealer about this? if so, what did they say? I ask because I was thinking about buying one.

5. Cigarcop

Cigarcop LawnSite Member

I'm headed that way on Saturday, I want him to fire up another one and see if its the same. Its got power just doesn't sound like it.

6. ToroLandscaper

ToroLandscaper LawnSite Bronze Member

did you break it in?

7. Cigarcop

Cigarcop LawnSite Member

Yes, right down to the 89 octane.

8. the scaper

the scaper LawnSite Senior Member

I'm not a professionan mechanic or anything but my guess would be that the engine has more potential than the factory has given it by way of carburation /air flow etc. My understanding is that noise and fuel emission reduction designs tend to bogg engines down. Correct me if i'm wrong, I love to learn.

9. Cigarcop

Cigarcop LawnSite Member

I can't answer that one but the blower definitely does the job its just sounds like its only got half the heart while its doing it!!!!!

10. Cutter LLC

Cutter LLC LawnSite Member
    from Indiana

That's the magic of 4 mix It is queiter than standard 2 stroke. I own a fs 100 rx wich is more powerfull than my fs80 but has half the volume. Enjoy.