1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Br600 or the Echo PB755H

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by CrimsonLawnCare, Mar 14, 2008.

1. CrimsonLawnCare

CrimsonLawnCare LawnSite Member

I cant decide between these two which blower would be worth more for my money. From what i understand you need a special Syntehtic Oil mix for the br600? what about the Echo PB755H? do you need anything special for that?
  2. PTSolutions

PTSolutions LawnSite Silver Member
    from OH

you dont need a special synth oil blend, its just that the machine runs much better on it and it is a better oil for the 4mix engines.

i cant say anything about the echo machines, but im a stihl man myself. we've had them for years and never any major problems. plus our dealer is amazing.
  3. CrimsonLawnCare

CrimsonLawnCare LawnSite Member

I have kawaski trimmers and a little redmax blower, could i put the synth oil in these to? i just dont want to have to make two serpate oil mixes

FIREMAN Q LawnSite Senior Member

i run the echos and really like them. never used the stihl
  5. JShe8918

JShe8918 LawnSite Senior Member

Never used echo or redmax. But my stihl's have led me to never want to leave them. I purchased a BR600 this year and that thing will blow your mind. I purchased it a pole saw and a new scag all at the same time and i enjoy the br600 the MOST. Hands down. U should technically use that synthetic oil in all of your two strokes. It will make them last 2 times as long. Much better for the engine and components. Plus it is not any more expensive than the other oil. One complaint i do have with the BR600 is that is does NOT sip fuel it guzzles it. I used mine to do a leaf clean up yesterday wish i had before and after shots. Cut my time atleast 3 folds. Just my 2 cents....
  6. S L C

S L C LawnSite Senior Member

I have used both echo's and stihl's.........well I own the echo pb-751 by choice!!!:weightlifter: More power and blows much more... the echo starts WAY easier... on the downside, the echo's are a bit heavier, but do hold more gasoline as well!!! ME----> ECHO > stihl :clapping:

Other way around though when it comes to trimmers.... So you see, I am not one of those 'brand favoring blind guys' !!! :cry:
  7. PTSolutions

PTSolutions LawnSite Silver Member
    from OH

i agree with the br600 cutting down cleanups and whatnot pretty quickly.

im not brand loyal, i like dodge, chevy and ford, whatever gets the job done.

we bought an fs85 trimmer like 6 years ago, its still running like a beast, then we got an fs110 trimmer, an fc110 edger, hs45 hedge trimmer, br600, not to mention our chain saws and cut-off saws. we are impressed with the quality stihl products have given us and therefore saw no need to switch.

now, had these machines given us problems, then i would not have hesitated to try other brands. and like i said we have ALOT of stihl dealers around here, and our personal dealer gives us great service.
  8. yungman

yungman LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Calif.

Stay with 2 cycle engines like Echo or Redmax. From the spec. Echo is very close.

Read all the posts concerning hybrid 4 cycles in this site. Get inform and be aware of people that are brand loyal. Be objective, it is your money.

If you decided to get Echo, get it while they still using the two ring Tornado engines.
  9. tallimeca

tallimeca LawnSite Bronze Member

nice blower. It's not the most powerfull blower on the market, but it's not the heaviest either. Or the most expensive.

2 year warranty commercial, 5 year consumer.
  10. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

The echo 755 is a nice unit. Very good power to weight ratio! I run Echo power blend 2 stroke oil in all my 2 stroke equipment. No problems thus far...