BR600 Questions

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by vencops, Sep 26, 2011.

1. vencops

vencops LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NC

Thanks, Michael. I have 2 of their sprayer racks. I'll probably go with their blower rack.

2. Kelly's Landscaping

Kelly's Landscaping LawnSite Platinum Member

4mix is a non issue runs and acts just like a 2 cycle I love mine. Just picked up 6 new ones last Friday I modify mine I like the curved tips but hate what they offer so I buy them drill 2 new holes and cut off 9 inches just installed my new tips this morning. As far as racks go can't help you my trailers have baskets that fit 2-3 backpacks and up to 6 cans for gas plus trimmer line and odd items like mixes. I can not imagine having to put a back pack on a rack would drive me nuts after 2 lawns.

3. Ridin' Green

Ridin' Green LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Michigan

Could you put up some pics of your new curved tips? I'd like to see exactly what you did to them.

4. knox gsl

knox gsl LawnSite Platinum Member

I would go with the trimmer trap rack for it, very easy to use and securely mounts the blower. Unless Greentouch changed their rack you have to cut some plastic on your blower.

5. vencops

vencops LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NC

It'll ride in my basket rack, easy enough. Just checking my options. I sometimes have a chainsaw; hedge trimmer; handheld blower in there, and it would get tight. I always have mix and reg. fuel cans in there.

6. j-ville native

j-ville native LawnSite Senior Member

I have the stihl br600 magnum and it is an awesome blower. It is heavy though. It's not as heavy as blowers of comparable strength, but it is still heavy. Comfy backpack straps, easy to use, very conveniently located on/off and throttle controls, powerful enough for wet stuff

7. Kelly's Landscaping

Kelly's Landscaping LawnSite Platinum Member

Alright bare with me its night so I had to take the shots in the basement now what you see is the tips have shortened with a new set of holes 9 inches in from the stock version giving me the short tube I want with the curved feature I prefer.

0926012131a.jpg

0926012131.jpg

0926012131b.jpg

0926012132.jpg

8. j-ville native

j-ville native LawnSite Senior Member

anyone have the valve adjustment yet? how hard is it to do and did it make a much a difference?

9. weeze

weeze LawnSite Fanatic

just put it in the back of your truck...the engine part against the cab and the tube facing to the rear...it doesn't move around at all....no need for a rack or anything.

10. Mikegyver

Mikegyver LawnSite Bronze Member

I have one and totally like it. I wish I could have 2! Its the only way to go for big properties. It really does well on the leaves. As far as weight it only gets heavy after about half a hr of use. Its not bad at all.
    And as far as the back of the truck :nono: not a good idea!
    Mike