1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Br600 Stolen.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Raven386, Oct 30, 2007.

1. Raven386

Raven386 LawnSite Silver Member
    from CT

Devastating. $500 bucks down the drain. We will be locking EVERYTHING up from now on. absolutley everything.

Myabe it will turn up. if someone sees a br600 with a zip tie around the shoulder strap and electrical tape around the tube please let me know.:laugh:
  2. tacoma200

tacoma200 LawnSite Fanatic

That is a bummer! You just never know. I wish you would have caught him in the act.
  3. Supper Grassy

Supper Grassy LawnSite Bronze Member

when where time?
  4. Leaf Jockey

Leaf Jockey LawnSite Senior Member

We lost one too but in our case I think it was left on a job site. Its always the newest one, never the one with the broken choke lever, torn strap or cracked tube :-(

5. LawnBoy89

LawnBoy89 LawnSite Senior Member

Same thing happened to me last year, month old EBZ8000 stolen from my shed last winter because my freaking dad forgot to lock the thing it was open all winter.

Funny thing is they only took one blower, of course the newest and most expensive one and left everything else, so in a sense I got lucky.
  6. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

theft is NOT that big of a deal guys......

I have had several items taken...... I feel lcky trucks have NOT come up missing....

Do Like the rest of the world..........write it off....

in fact I wish my one truck would disapear.....
  7. Precision Lawns

Precision Lawns LawnSite Senior Member

Theft is a big deal. Just because it's common doesn't mean you just accept it.

I had this happen and I went to the depot and bought 7 3 foot lengths of chain and a 9 locks all keyed the same and went to town. Everything is in lock down. I even take my truck key with me when I'm away from the truck. I hate Criminals. I lost a Stihl blower and fs250 trimmer last year in a parking lot. No surveillance of course.
  8. PerfectEarth

PerfectEarth LawnSite Bronze Member

Yea, I was just about to type the same thing, PL.... Yea, you can deal with it, bla bla bla, but it IS a big deal. Costs aside, it's very inconvienient having something stolen. I lost a BR600 and a HS81T Stihl trimmer this year.

To ignore theft and say, "oh I'll write it off" is a bit disturbing...
  9. bigtex

bigtex LawnSite Member
    from ma

bohiaa, are you really that big of an f***in idiot?
  10. cgaengineer

cgaengineer LawnSite Fanatic

Thats too bad man. I lock everything now days...even if Im only gone for a minute.