BR600 took a crap today

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by greengiant9963, Apr 15, 2008.

1. greengiant9963

greengiant9963 LawnSite Senior Member

I have had this blower for 3 seasons now and it has really saved me alot of time on cleanups in the spring and fall. Today in the middle of a cleanup the power slowly went on it. Tried starting it back up and nothing. I run 93 high test gas and have never had a problem until today. Always would start on first or second pull. Tons of power also. Took it to my dealer before they closed this afternoon. Not sure what the problem is. I have been looking at adding another backpack for this fall and was going to get another BR600 but not sure now.

2. SimonCX

SimonCX LawnSite Senior Member

Did you check the gas lines? I had the same thing last month and it was a cracked gas line just above the tank.

3. KGR landscapeing

KGR landscapeing LawnSite Bronze Member

couple things spark arrestor on the muffler? the coils on the 4 mixs r known to go but usally its just one day you go to start it and you pull your arm off.

4. jaybird24

jaybird24 LawnSite Senior Member
    from midwest

3 yrs on a 4 mix, consider yourself lucky, if we got 2 we were happy. When you buy another try redmax, great blowers.

5. VanceTrendov

VanceTrendov LawnSite Member

What happens is those black rubber bushings wear out, and then the tank vibrates to much, causing the gas line to crack.

Watch those bushings

6. kleankutslawn

kleankutslawn LawnSite Bronze Member

wow the dealer may tell you its dead

7. Charles

Charles Moderator Staff Member

Things to check:

Fuel filter
    Carbon buildup in muffler
    Spark plug
    Leaks
    Blocked fan

8. KGR landscapeing

KGR landscapeing LawnSite Bronze Member

i for got all about the filter. i have gone threw like 2or3 in my one saw. i dno whats going on with that. pull your arm off one day get the pliers pull it off and boom it starts. replace and your good to go

9. SimonCX

SimonCX LawnSite Senior Member

Not sure if that was what caused it, but it was without those rubber bushings for about 2 years.

10. yungman

yungman LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Calif.

Watch out, you might be misconstrued as bashing 4MIx!!!:laughing::laughing::laughing: