1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

BR600 vs. BR600 Magnum...what is the difference/improvement???

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Blazerfb, Nov 26, 2009.

1. Blazerfb

Blazerfb LawnSite Member

I own two BR600's and they are my favorite blowers I've ever used by far. We just got in three 600 Magnum's at my municipal job, noticed the different tube but no difference in performance....so what are the differences on the inside? Anything that makes them more fuel efficient or longer lasting? I heard they have two fuel intakes from someone, haven't checked ours at work yet to see? Anyone with some good knowledge on them I'd love to know more!!!
  2. LilRabbit

LilRabbit LawnSite Member

dealer said??? improved valves, obviosly the tube is shaped differant not sure but of coarse he said lots of improvements.same price as br600 $499
  3. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

I'd be curious too. My BR600 has been great, but the fuel "running out" with half a tank or so left is always a PITA. Of course I want MORE POWER, but who dosn't?
  4. ALC-GregH

ALC-GregH LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

That can be fixed in minutes. Add some weight to the fuel filter on the end of the pick up line in the tank. I did it and now I can burn pretty much a whole tank wide open non stop.

STIHL GUY LawnSite Fanatic
    from CT

my blower will run a full tank without stopping
  6. Alan0354

Alan0354 LawnSite Platinum Member

I have problem with my Shindaiwa M242. I finally found a very easy way to fix that. I remove the gas filter, slip the tube through 3 of the 1/4" nut and put the filter back on. At least with the tube in the Shindy, it fit snug tight and stay put, I push the nut close to the filter end, it work, never have problem running out of gas half way anymore.
  7. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

And just HOW do you fish the filter out of the tank on a BR600? I used my usual wire hook, reached in and hooked it, drug it towards the opening, to find that the hose is too short to let it even get within an inch of the opening. Upon inspection I discovered that I would have to take the hose off the carb, and pull it completely OUT of the tank, thru the grommet, in order to have enough to work with to even change the filter. Then, to get the hose back thru the tank grommet I'd have to remove the tank from the machine, but then I'd have to take the filter back off... So in other words, I need a new, much longer fuel line, just to change the filter and add a weight to it. That will give me something to do when it's cold outside.

BOSCHERT LAWN CARE LawnSite Member

they have 2 fuel pick ups instead of 1, slightly different straps with logo/back pad, new harder valves and easier to adjust tube with tapered tip
  9. Alan0354

Alan0354 LawnSite Platinum Member

Is it still under warranty? This is defect to me!!! How can you even change the filter? Seems like the warranty should cover this manufacturing defect. Let them fix that, it might just solve your problem without weights.
  10. mowerknower

mowerknower LawnSite Senior Member

Although the fuel filter is a little tougher to change, what you said is completly wrong. The fuel line does not go through the grommet on the tank, there is nipples on both sides of the grommet.
    All you have to do is take the tank off (2 screws) pop out the grommet and replace the filter.