Br600

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mikeylikesit5805, Apr 30, 2008.

1. mikeylikesit5805

mikeylikesit5805 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Kent OH

There is a Br-600 for sale, it looks like it is in pretty good condition, the guy wants 390 for it. I already have a 600 and love it. Are they any problems i should check for? I was also just debating getting a br550 for 400.00 What do you guys think?

2. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

You can check the compression. It should be the same or better than the BR600 you already have. You can also pull the muffler off and make sure the exhaust valve guide hasn't dropped. The exhaust guides were the problem Stihl had with the early BR600s.

3. yungman

yungman LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Calif.

Try to talk the price down a little. My dealer had a promotion in January this year for $379 new. It was a one time promotion, but that should give you an idea how low it could have gone. The price was so good my friend bought a BR550 for $299 while he still have a bigger Redmax in almost new condition. Stihl always have promotion in my area. Not all promotion are as good but still big saving. Be patient.:waving:

4. mikeylikesit5805

mikeylikesit5805 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Kent OH

alright i will try that i dont really need one but it seemed like a pretty good deal

5. magbarn

magbarn LawnSite Member

I would find out how much warranty that blower has left. The BR600 while one of the best blowers (I've owned one for about a week), also seems to have quite a few bad apples on this forum. I wouldn't want to get a lemon without warranty. In other words, the $100 difference between what he's charging and what a new one goes for isn't enough to get the used one.