Br600

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by FCLCinMaine, May 4, 2008.

1. FCLCinMaine

FCLCinMaine LawnSite Member

yup i bought a new br600 and it bogs down after a half tank. dealer told me to buy synthetic oil to fix the problem, that was a $26 waste...still does it. i still love the blower though....

2. Bennett scape

Bennett scape LawnSite Member

The BR 420 is the only blower i will buy I LOVE THAT machine plus me and it go back a long way and have been through a lot together.

3. Turf Dawg

Turf Dawg LawnSite Gold Member

The fuel lines in these blowers are too short. Take it back to the dealer and have them lenghten it and push it all the way to the right.

4. FCLCinMaine

FCLCinMaine LawnSite Member

its actually almost all the way to the left kinda middle...will the right side really make a difference? thanks for the help!!

5. bill8379

bill8379 LawnSite Senior Member

I made a thread like this and a sthil dealer told me to switch the fuel filter from the left side to the right side of the tank. He said you could use a coat hanger to push it over there. His reasoning is that people walk leaning to the right but that didn't sit too well with me. Topsite said his machine didn't do this anymore, I think me meant that he doesn't let the blower bounce around as much.

I think the reason it bogs down is that gas sloshes over, and the filter sucks air, then you have to stand still for a couple secs. VERY ANNOYING. I'm trying to get used to just not letting the blower bounce around so much. That did help a lot.

It doesn't make sense to me that the fuel line is TOO SHORT. I would think if it was shorter then it would be better because there is always gas in the middle of the tank. When the filter is far left or far right, I think that's when the gas would slosh away and air would get sucked in. The only problem being is that if the air filter is in the middle you wouldn't be able to change the filter unless the gas cap was also in the middle. BAD DESIGN IMO.

That dealer sucked you in, even I knew it bogged because of air and I know nothing.

6. KGR landscapeing

KGR landscapeing LawnSite Bronze Member

Problem solved just keep the blower full. i mean if its that anoyying whats 10 seconds of ur time to fill it back up everytime befor u jump in the truck

7. bill8379

That doesn't solve anything, I'm still in yard clean up season and am using it to blow thatch into a pile. I have my br600 on full for 30-40 mins at a time, longer even, and it will bog out constantly.

8. KGR landscapeing

KGR landscapeing LawnSite Bronze Member

then u either have a filter issue or a carbon issue check ur spark arrestor or change ur fuel mix like the dealer said

9. bill8379

It's brand new. It did it with the VERY clean mixture the dealer put in it. Then I used my stuff.. it's echo mix. Then I switched to Sthil 50:1 same thing. It's not fuel it's gas sloshing to the side and the filter sucking air. The machine powers down, you stand level for a bit and the power comes back.

The tank is long and shallow with the cap on the far left side. The filter is on the end of a tube that comes from the centre all the way over to where the cap is, I guess so you can change it. When gas sloshes over to the right side, it leaves the filter with no gas. Naturally this is much more pronounced when the tank is getting empty.

It sure is powerful though.

10. LedgedaleLawn

LedgedaleLawn LawnSite Senior Member

We just bought 2 BR600's and they do the exact same thing, we have been to busy to take them in yet. Other than that we love them!