Br600

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by STIHL GUY, Jun 11, 2009.

1. STIHL GUY

STIHL GUY LawnSite Fanatic
    from CT

either this weekend or next weekend depending on when i sell my blower, i will be purchasing a BR600. is there anything special i need to break it in after i get it??

2. mississippiturf

mississippiturf LawnSite Senior Member

No break in was mentioned by my dealer when I got mine last year. Runs like a champ. Its a beast!

3. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

The best way that I found to break something in is to run it the way you intend
    to be using it in the long run, that way if any parts develop a memory, they will
    become shaped or accustomed to your own particular style.

In short, use it 'normal' right from the start, no special way.

4. greenScape09

greenScape09 LawnSite Member

ive always ran them like a rental!! they last forever

5. Wizz

Wizz LawnSite Senior Member
    from Florida

The 4 Mix Stihl line trimmers specifically state in the manual to break the motor in by running it at no more than half throttle for the first three tanks, per Stihl. I would run the first quarter tank at half throttle before cutting loose on the blower. Mixed gasoline motors always are supposed to be broken in with a richer oil mixture, this is the norm...so I wouldn't run any of those 100:1, etc garbage mix ratios...just the recommended 50:1.

6. 4.3mudder

4.3mudder LawnSite Silver Member

Run it like you stole it, for a car that is. I ran it just like a blower should be run, and it runs great for being almost 2 years old.

7. WH401

WH401 LawnSite Senior Member

When I bought mine last fall I ran it at full throttle as soon as I got it home, blew leaves for about 2 hrs, and went through a tank of fuel or two. Runs like a raped ape to this day and starts on the first pull after the initial firing from priming.

8. Scagguy

Scagguy LawnSite Bronze Member

The only thing I do to them is pull the spark arrester screen out before I fire them up.

9. david shumaker

david shumaker LawnSite Senior Member

Some equipment has to be broken in and some doesn't. The manual will tell you. I always read the manual on equipment that is new to me.

10. STIHL GUY

STIHL GUY LawnSite Fanatic
    from CT

thanks for the advise. it looks like i wont be getting it untill at least next weekend but i cant wait untill i do get it