1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

BR600s leaking again

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by Dixie Bluegrass, Mar 14, 2013.

1. Dixie Bluegrass

Dixie Bluegrass LawnSite Member

Hey guys,
    Got a br600 magnum and an older br600 that is leaking around the top of the gas tank. It leaks after every time I use them but the leak doesn't seem to come from the engine. I took the magnum to the dealer and they gave it a going over with a new fuel cap. Since then the leak has come back and is getting worse. All fuel lines are new. Any ideas on what it could be?
  2. Shappie

Shappie LawnSite Member

Mine did too. Just had to do with the cap not being seated right. Sounds easy, but its a poor design.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  3. lawnboy dan

lawnboy dan LawnSite Gold Member

its a sthil after all

CLARK LAWN LawnSite Silver Member

Check the seal in the cap. If you go to tight you can tear them.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  5. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

My 420 has a breather device fitting into the tank and tube going up to intake of carb and that can leak.
  6. Dixie Bluegrass

May just go get a new seal. Seems like a lot of people are having the same problem. Thanks for the replies.
  7. herler

herler LawnSite Fanatic

Mine leaked for a long time...
    Many things went past...

Until one day...

*I* cleaned mine up real nice and good as *I* took it all apart.
    Then, *I* inspected everything carefully and found a cracked fuel line and *I* replaced both the fuel lines.
    Last but not least *I* put it all back together real nice and slow, making sure *I* got all the parts back together exactly the way they were supposed to go.

No More Leak.
  8. jones68

jones68 LawnSite Senior Member

9. herler

herler LawnSite Fanatic

I didn't think about this earlier, and I do highly recommend getting the new gas cap but also check the primer bulb.
  10. Dixie Bluegrass

Thanks. I have replaced all the fuel lines twice and the primer bulb and of course the cap. The only thing that I have not replaced is the gas tank seal connector and the crankcase supply hose. Well see what happens.