Bracket to hold Trimmer and Edger

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by River Hill, Mar 13, 2001.

1. River Hill

River Hill LawnSite Member

I was wondering if anyone has made or purchased a bracket or brackets to hold a trimmer and edger in a pickup truck? I want to mount the edger on one side of the truck and the edger on the other. I would like to mount them a little lower than the edge of the bed. Does anyone have any suggestions or pictures? Thanks in advance for you help. I know I could always purchase a trimmer trap and mount it but I want to keep my trimmer and edger below the top of the bed edge. I was thinking of some type of hook that you use to hang bicycles but I don't know....

2. awm

awm LawnSite Gold Member

Ive seen hangers that you could mount in your
    truck.Seems like that would be in the way though.
    LUCK TO YA

3. River Hill

AWM do you know where you saw those brackets? Were they in a catalog?

4. Chopper Lover

Chopper Lover LawnSite Senior Member

Have you considered getting full length tool boxes for the side of your pickup bed?

You would be able to secure them much better that way and they would probably not be as susceptible to damage or theft.

Mark

5. kutnkru

kutnkru LawnSite Silver Member

If your looking for old school engineering then just take those ? style brackets and tie your equipment to them with bungee cords.

Good Luck this season!
    Kris

6. Chopper Lover

What about the metal type, back of the window, gun racks like those found in pickem up trucks?

I was thinking about using those with a wood spacer in my enclosed trailer.

Only thing is you have to remember to SPIT every time you put a trimmer on or take one off! Hehehe...

Mark

7. River Hill

Mark I am from the Westminster Maryland area so as you can guess I already have a few sets of gun racks. That may work just fine.

8. Chopper Lover

Wow, you are only about an hour away... Nice scenic ride up your way on the Harley, too!

As a consideration you may wish to drill a hole or two into the bracket so you can lock your stuff in place. Out of site is a good start to security, but a lock will at least make the thief think about having to take them which may make a difference.

Good Luck!
    Mark

9. awm

awm LawnSite Gold Member

Memory is not to good .Think it was home depo
    Ill be looking for them again and let you know.