Bradley Commercial Walk Behinds

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Grass Master, Feb 8, 2004.

1. Grass Master

Grass Master LawnSite Senior Member

Anybody know anything about the Bradley walk behind mowers?

My local dealer just brought some in and they look like very decent machines for the money!

I am considering one or two for tight areas and for my customers with gates. I can get a 32" 10.5 HP for $1499!! I might step up to the 15 HP Kohler engine for $1699.

They also had a 36" and a 48" belt drive walk behind as well. The 48" 15 HP Kolhler sells for $1999!!

One year commercial warranty as well.

www.bradleymowers.com

Check 'em out!!!

2. Sam-Ohio

Sam-Ohio LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

The only positive thing you can say about them is that they are cheap !

There just is nothing else good that you can possibly see in these Chinese mowers !

3. Grass Master

Sam,

Do you own one? Have you ever tried one?

The Bradley mowers I saw were very deceny units with standard components like a 5 speed Peerless trany and greasable spindles. Very heavy deck as well. Again, they seem very good for the money....not my primary machines.

4. olderthandirt

olderthandirt LawnSite Platinum Member
    from here

I just looked into them and went over them with a factory rep. and my impression is there are alot of mowers close to that price that are better quility. Kohlers are 1 cyliders compared to the 2 cylinders kaws. The belts were rubbing the tires and the rep said that the tires were over inflated. if that was true the belts would have been farther from the tires. Rep reccommended I change bearings once a yr even though they have grease zerks, it was a big selling point that they only cost $35 apiece, becouse there pot metal and not cast iron. I would keep looking IMO

Mac

5. Grass Master

Mac,

Where were you able to talk to a factory rep??

6. Farmer

Farmer LawnSite Member

I would give one a try, I looked at them at a local dealer that has always sold high quality products, and I honestly thought they were a good looking mower....the website doesn't do them justice. I have a 48" Bobcat with a 14 hp Kohler Pro, the older version of the 15 hp. It is plenty of power for that deck, I have mowed some tall feild grass with it behind are barn...it was more than enough power. My Bobcat looks very similar to these Bradleys...and alot of thier parts are universal. They even have 9 spline couplers on the drive shaft...if I am not mistaken...I belive thats exactly what Exmark uses;)

7. Fareway Lawncare

Fareway Lawncare LawnSite Silver Member
    from Canada

I'd put my $$$ on a Toro Proline 21" over that belt 32".

8. boddie6657

boddie6657 LawnSite Member

I own a 36 belt drive bradley. I have used it for about 4 months on 21 accounts and have had no problems at all. Not as nice as toro ect.....but does great....especially for the $