Bragging rights

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by Mike Leary, Aug 9, 2011.

1. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

Who installed the coolest system this season? How did you score it and what parts did you use?

2. greenmonster304

greenmonster304 LawnSite Gold Member

I got a sweet job from an add I had on craigslist. It was an 1/8 of an acre. I used k rain rotors, orbit timer and valves, 4" drain pipe for valve boxes with the toro cap, taped the wall faucet for main, garden hose laterals, and I got it all from home depot. The best part is the niegbor saw and wants memo do his house too.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. txirrigation

txirrigation LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

We installed 67 zones of temp irrigation at 47 gpm a zone. We had to use "water saving tech" so we used MPR 3000's mounted on shrub spray bodies sitting on 8" schd 80 threaded nipples.

Total run time for the system was 22hrs and 20 min.

We also did a softball field... which wasn't that cool but a first. We used
    i-60's

This could be a interesting topic, GreenM that was funny and I have seen most of that before.

4. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

Greenmonster wins it hands down! No contest.
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. WalkGood

WalkGood LawnSite Bronze Member

Put in a Lawn Belt system last month.

Attached to this :
    [​IMG]

6. Stillwater

Stillwater LawnSite Platinum Member

Everything we do is the coolest........

7. Where's the pigtail?

8. greenmonster304

greenmonster304 LawnSite Gold Member

That looks like one of ML's megas, 2 zones that's serious.

But on a serious note I haven't had anything too interesting unfortunately but there is still a few months left.

9. WalkGood

WalkGood LawnSite Bronze Member

Two brothers walked into town from their farms one day to buy pigs. On the way home, one brother said to the other, "how will we know which pig is mine and which is yours?" His brother pondered, then replied, "we could cut the left ear off your pig, then we'll be able to tell them apart". The man thought about this for a while then agreed. So, they cut the left ear off the man's pig. After a bit, the two pigs began fighting and the one-eared pig bit the left ear off the other pig. This posed the problem again, so they decided to cut the right ear off one of the pigs so they would know which pig was which. After a time, the pigs fought again and yes, the earless pig bit the right ear off the other pig.
    Not knowing what to do, they discussed cutting one of the pigs tails off. Agreed. Again, the pigs fought and both ended up tailless.
    Then, one brother suggested they cut one of the pigs hind legs off.
    Finally after much thought, the other brother said, "that is just too inhumane. How about we say the black pig is yours and the white one is mine....

10. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

Obviously, we have not been very busy this season. :rolleyes: