Brain Storming #2

Discussion in 'Landscape Lighting' started by Lite4, Dec 24, 2007.

1. Pro-Scapes

Pro-Scapes LawnSite Platinum Member

draw me a quick sketch and email it to me of what you need. I can fabricate well with stainless or copper.

2. Lite4

Lite4 LawnSite Gold Member

Let me get some measurements and I'll get back to you.
    Thanks

3. INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting LawnSite Platinum Member

Guys... Be careful with DIY fixtures. I don't want to open up a kettle of fish over approvals and standards again, but there are lots of good reasons why you do not want to be fabricating your own lighting fixtures and then installing them on your client's properties. Even doing trick installations like building your own stems to create a sign light can be problematic if you don't have proper approvals.

Be Safe, not Sorry.

4. Lite4

James,
    I am only looking at a bracket with a pre manufactured light.

5. pete scalia

pete scalia LawnSite Senior Member

Put a green fuse in it- Oy Vey!

6. INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting

Tim: Sorry I misunderstood the thread there. I thought you were discussing having a application specific fixture hammered out. No worries over a mounting bracket, I fabricate all sorts of those here when needed.

Although....... You do want to avoid building stand off stems for "sign lights". These need to be engineered for weight and distance and torque (twisting strength) for them to be safe.

7. Lite4

Here is a picture of the top of a pillar. You can see how far out I have to mount to get over that pillar top cap.

tuscany0001_20.JPG

8. INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting

Tim, Not sure what fixture you have in mind for the top of those Pillars but I have sucessfully used the Nightscaping Artisan (with and without the glare shroud) in applications much like that. Take a good look at the .pdf file on their website. It is a really versatile mounting system.... a bit nuts and bolts looking if you mount it in close proximity to people, but up high it just disappears.

They also have the MR11 Acrobat with the same mounting, but an open fixture which I am not keen on.

Have a great day.

9. Chris J

Chris J LawnSite Silver Member

Why not just use an "L" bracket? Mount one side to the top of the pillar (horizontally) and use the vertical to mount your fixture.

10. Pro-Scapes

Pro-Scapes LawnSite Platinum Member

copper would color nice and match the timbers a bit. Nothing wrong with making a bracket to get the best mounting positing possible

Too bad that mounting base wasnt turned diagnoly on there. You could almost recess in an MR 11 fixture in the corner. Still possibly an option and do 1 light on each side of the pillar vs straight down ??