1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Brake problem on 2500hd

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by QuadRacer041, Feb 12, 2010.

1. Alpha Property

Alpha Property LawnSite Senior Member

i'm 100% sure on a 1500 wheel barring you can't, i'm 95% sure on a 2500/3500 you can't either, its all cast and sealed

2. unkownfl

unkownfl LawnSite Gold Member

Grease won't but heat will and the grease will hold all the shavings in there. Now I'm not saying this is your issue, but it is the only thing I can think of what the other guy is saying. Personally if it was a ABS issue I think the light would go off especially on such a new vehicle.

3. mattfromNY

mattfromNY LawnSite Bronze Member

Check with your dealer. I've had ABS sensors "cleaned" on both my '99 1500 and my '04 2500HD. It is/ was a service bulletin, NOT a recall. On my '99, I was able to get new sensors installed b/c the mechanic "accidentally" broke the sensors pulling them off, I wasn't as lucky with the '04 (different dealership, wouldn't 'work with me'). Once I started having problems again, after having this done, I pulled ABS fuses on both trucks. F&*% ABS!!!

4. mattfromNY

mattfromNY LawnSite Bronze Member

On the above post, I forgot to mention- sensors were cleaned at no cost to me, as it was a service bulletin at the dealerships, they know there is a problem.

5. zak406

zak406 LawnSite Bronze Member

pull the abs fuse and i bet it is fine after that....

6. ranger350

ranger350 LawnSite Member

there is / was a recall for that. I dont believe they use magents either, its a reluctor wheel and proximity sensor

7. ranger350

ranger350 LawnSite Member