Brand for equipment

Discussion in 'Industry Surveys & Polls' started by J Dawg, Mar 23, 2012.

?

what brand of equipment do you use

1. Echo

43 vote(s)
    22.9%
  2. Husqvarna

21 vote(s)
    11.2%
  3. Tanaka

3 vote(s)
    1.6%
  4. Red max

20 vote(s)
    10.6%
  5. Stihl

84 vote(s)
    44.7%
  6. Shindaiwa

17 vote(s)
    9.0%
  1. vanncann

vanncann LawnSite Senior Member

Tanaka all the way for me. Had some for close to twenty years and still runs good. They out last most others by years and hold their value.

2. OLC

OLC LawnSite Member

The best dealer in our area is sthil, so that is what we use. We have been very happy with them and never had any reason to change. The numbers on the husky 580 blower are pretty impressive though, I think this year we'll be giving them a try.

3. GMLC

GMLC LawnSite Platinum Member

Stihl for the last 15 years. And im not easy on equipment.
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. Chilehead

Chilehead LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from Stockbridge, GA

Right now, all my small stuff is Echo. However, I have used Shindaiwa and Husqvarna, and can say that they both perform excellent. When my current pieces start to wear beyond what is reasonable to repair them, I am highly considering going with Kawasaki. I have read many positive reviews about them, and every one of them praises their durability and awesome throttle response.

5. GoAwareness

GoAwareness LawnSite Member

I have mostly Shindaiwa C4 engine based equipment. I use VP Racing Fuels SEF94 exclusively and the shindaiwa engines work very well with it. I like the lower tone(I'm an electronic music composer and it's better for protecting my hearing) and higher torque at lower RPM with the Hybrid 4 engines.
    My favorite engine is the Honda GX25 on my MM Backpack Sprayer. I just love the way that engine feels and sounds. I imagine the Honda trimmers with that engine must be nice.
    I chose the Shindiawa T344 because it made sense to have most of my equipment from one manufacturer and having separate fuel and oil seemed like a potential issue down the road for employees to screw up.
    I started with Stihl Kombi 4Mix system and eventually replaced all aspects of it with Shindaiwa C4 equipment.
    For me the Stihl 4Mix engines are reliable brute force single pull start. Where as the Shindiawa C4 engines are just as powerful but much more refined and balanced but a little more finicky.

6. mtmower

mtmower LawnSite Bronze Member

Used Shindiawa, Stihl, Tanaka, and Echo. Echo is my go to. Big Shindi backpack is ok. Old news Echo bought Shindi. Tanaka has empressed me but they're proud of their product and my dealer is a little weak.
    Love Stihl chainsaws hate the fs 100 rx trimmer.

7. mtmower

mtmower LawnSite Bronze Member

Used Shindiawa, Stihl, Tanaka, and Echo. Echo is my go to. Big Shindi backpack is ok. Old news Echo bought Shindi. Tanaka has empressed me but they're proud of their product and my dealer is a little weak.
    Love Stihl chainsaws hate the fs 100 rx trimmer.

8. lawnprosteveo

lawnprosteveo LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Tulsa

I agree that Echo makes good equipment. I have run some Shindaiwa too, but Im slowly replacing old stuff with Echo.

9. GrassIsGreenerLawnCare

GrassIsGreenerLawnCare LawnSite Senior Member
    from VA

Definitely Stihl. They all start on the 1st pull!

10. DieselHolic

DieselHolic LawnSite Senior Member

sthil. never, ever, have any of ours let us down. new plugs every spring and an air cleaner and youre set. first or second pull, every time.