Brand for equipment

Discussion in 'Industry Surveys & Polls' started by J Dawg, Mar 23, 2012.

?

what brand of equipment do you use

1. Echo

43 vote(s)
    22.9%
  2. Husqvarna

21 vote(s)
    11.2%
  3. Tanaka

3 vote(s)
    1.6%
  4. Red max

20 vote(s)
    10.6%
  5. Stihl

84 vote(s)
    44.7%
  6. Shindaiwa

17 vote(s)
    9.0%
  1. lifesgood14

lifesgood14 LawnSite Member

I actually have all of the brands listed.... although not listed my favorite line is Ferris for riding mowers and Ariens for push mowers

2. Ridin' Green

Ridin' Green LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Michigan

I've had very good luck with Stihl products over the last 27 years, and about hald of my stuff today is Stihl, but I like my newer husky 570 BTS far more than my BR600M, and my Husky 223L is a darn good little trimmer.

For chainsaws, forget about either of the above brands. I will only run Jonsereds. I know that Husky owns Jonsered (now), and the engines are the same, and so are many other minor features, but most of those same features came out on Jonsereds long before they did on either Husky or Stihl, and a Jonsered will out cut a Stihl every time size for size all else being equal. The ergonomics of the Jonsered is what I like the most though.

3. metro36

metro36 LawnSite Silver Member

I use different brands for different types of equipment.
    I use echo for larger CC trimmers and edgers. I have had good luck with the 280 engine. I also have a few their hedge trimmers.
    I use shindawia for smaller trimmers and edgers. The 232 is light and powerful. I also have shindawia 802 backpacks but I am thinking about switching to Redmax because they are more powerful.
    Then I have jonsered chain saws.

I also have some random other brands thrown into the mix but those are my most common.

4. J Dawg

J Dawg LawnSite Member

Thanks everyone for the input and response to the poll! I just went to the shop and picked up a Stihl fs -90 r.

5. quadsport09

quadsport09 LawnSite Member

I go stihl all the way. My grandfather started the tree company over 40 years ago and im not sure what saws he started using when he opened up but hes had stihl as long as I can remember and my dad has the business now and thats all he uses and for my landscaping business all my power tools are stihl. Reliable, dealer close by, not the cheapest but you get what you pay for.

6. HusqvarnaRules

HusqvarnaRules LawnSite Member

I firmly believe most brands (prosumer/commercial versions) will work fine if cared for properly as Preventive Maintenance is key. Having said that I always stick with Husqvarna.

7. mwlawns

mwlawns LawnSite Member

All I have is husqvarna blowers and I use kawasaki trimmers because I no longer believe in stihl's warranty and customer support, If something happens to kaw that would change my mind than huqvarna trimmers are next. That being said I run 5 husqvarna mowers 4 blowers 3 hedge trimmers and 2 chainsaws all commercially husqvarna owns redmax that does not mean that husqvarna IS NOT commercial I will also be purchasing 4 walk behinds that are husqvarna next year if all goes well this year

8. morgaj1

morgaj1 LawnSite Senior Member

Bring back the old 25cc, traditional 2-stroke, Stihl engines for everything (FS85, FC75, etc.) I just did put a new set of rings on an FC-75 due to low compression. Before doing that, I went by the Stihl dealer and checked out the 4-mix edgers. I just love the balance and feel of the old FC-75. So, I decided to repair it.

9. baileylawnservice

baileylawnservice LawnSite Senior Member

i have a shindaiwa 630 blower and a t 270 trimmer and they are great. they are about 6 or 7 yrs old. i have an echo srm 2502 that is my back up trimmer that is approx 20 yrs old and usually fires up first try. oh and a stihl chainsaw.

10. ric1

ric1 LawnSite Member
    from Florida

Stihl, everything is Stihl except the Echo Bed Redefiner and if Stihl made a Redefiner I'd have theirs and sell the Echo.