Brand for equipment

Discussion in 'Industry Surveys & Polls' started by J Dawg, Mar 23, 2012.

?

what brand of equipment do you use

1. Echo

43 vote(s)
    22.9%
  2. Husqvarna

21 vote(s)
    11.2%
  3. Tanaka

3 vote(s)
    1.6%
  4. Red max

20 vote(s)
    10.6%
  5. Stihl

84 vote(s)
    44.7%
  6. Shindaiwa

17 vote(s)
    9.0%
  1. brunnersltd1

brunnersltd1 LawnSite Member

echo, redmax & stihl......husqvarna owns redmax and echo owns shindaiwa

2. S man

S man LawnSite Gold Member

Stihl is great for saws and hedge trimmers. Redmax for blowers and trimmers.

3. weeze

weeze LawnSite Fanatic

husqvarna because they offer 4 stroke honda engines on their trimmers and edgers. i do have a stihl br600 backpack blower though.

4. Valk

Valk LawnSite Silver Member

2-stroke variety is spice!

Echo - hedge trimmer, hh blower
    Jonesred - chainsaw
    Maruyama - hh blower
    RedMax - bp blower, hh blower
    Stihl - trimmer

All easy to start and run well. I've not used anything other than premium/91 octane ethanol-free fuel for the last several years with Stihl full synthetic 2-stroke oil.

5. Darryl G

Darryl G LawnSite Fanatic

I voted for Shindaiwa because that's what I have the most of but I also have Echo hedge trimmers and a shredder vac, a Stihl FS110 trimmer, and a Husqvarna backpack blower and trimmer. The unit I've used the least and had the most problems with is the Stihl and my dealer is a rip-off so I won't be buying any more Stihl stuff. The first handheld I ever bought was a Sthihl FS85 trimmer and it wouldn't start for crap or idle new...brought back to dealer a couple of times and finially made him swap it out for a Shindaiwa.

6. T Scapes

T Scapes LawnSite Bronze Member

i run all stihl F110 trimmers BR600 blowers BG 55 16" and 20" 290 Farm Boss's 25" MS 460 Magnum HT101 Pole Saw HS81T Hedge Trimmer HL 101 K all awesome and have almost no problems with them except for some weed wacker heads