Brand Loyalty

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mcwlandscaping, Sep 20, 2006.

1. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping LawnSite Gold Member

See a lot of guys on here that are very specific about what brands they use and have their own reasons why.... so, share what brands you are loyal to and what they, or your dealers have done to keep you loyal to them!

2. saw man

saw man LawnSite Bronze Member
    from utah

Every piece of equipment is different, I am only brand loyal to certain pieces of equipment. Not 1 manufacture makes the best of every piece of equipment you will use.

3. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

Well i'll give you one example. 8 years ago, when we were just getting into the business, there was no lawnsite, and we were on our own on making equipment decisions. Matt said, "let's get stihl handheld stuff, i've heard stihl has a good name." so that's what we bought. it's the ONLY handheld stuff we have ever used. we have numerous trimmers, handheld blowers, backpacks, hedge trimmers, extended hedge trimmers, and all of it has never failed us. best of all, the stihl dealer is only 5 minutes from our home. Matt has become comfortable with that brand of equipment.. It's like the saying, "why fix what aint broke?" There's no reason to change to try something else.

4. WJW Lawn

WJW Lawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Im brand loyal to Better Outdoor Products---because the Quick 36 is BAD ***. I love Red Max when it comes to trimmers and blowers, and I think Stihl makes the best Hedge Trimmer money can buy. On the 21" side...nothing beats a Toro. So like Saw Man...everything is different.

5. JTF40

JTF40 LawnSite Senior Member

These are my thoughts, also. Look below. :usflag:

6. True Cut Lawn Maintenance

True Cut Lawn Maintenance LawnSite Senior Member

I live in the Midwest, have lived here most of my life, most of the dealers around here are Deere dealers. They may carry other brands but for the most part Deere is there main line. Im most loyal to deere, bought the simplicity because its what i could afford. But from now one ill be buying only Green and Yellow.

7. Harvest

Harvest LawnSite Member

i like toro mowers for the most part husqvarna trimmers and edgers stihl blowers and pole hedge trimmers husqvarna saws

8. Harvest

Harvest LawnSite Member

i like toro mowers for the most part husqvarna trimmers and edgers stihl blowers and pole hedge trimmers husqvarna saws I have tried as many different machines as i can and try to take everything into consideration

9. nobagger

nobagger LawnSite Gold Member
    from Pa

No loyalty here! lol The dealer I go to mostly sells Exmark, Echo, Husq. Gravely and a bunch of other stuff. So there is a wide variety of product. And I don't know if it's just me but is there really that much of a difference in all of these machines? Most of the companies use a number of the same parts, i.e. ZTR's you either buy one with a Kawi or a Kholer, Parker/Ross hydro drives, same filtering systems etc. So if there was a Hustler next to an Exmark both with the same set ups and one was $1500.00 cheaper I bet 90% of the buyers will go with the cheaper one.

10. kmann

kmann LawnSite Senior Member

This is true. Not married to any piece of equip although dealer support may force some to be. I am always looking to try a new brand and if it works for me, I will support it.