brand new big tex trailer for sale

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by Tom H, Jul 25, 2014.

1. mwalz

mwalz LawnSite Bronze Member

Did you check when the trailer was actually made? When i got mine it was only made a few days before i bought it or something like that.

2. JNB Construction

JNB Construction LawnSite Senior Member

3. GoPappy

GoPappy LawnSite Senior Member

OP, in your first post you said there's rust everywhere, the paint is chipping and bubbling. All you've shown pics of is what looks like water spots. Where's the rust everywhere and the chipping and bubbling paint?

Are you sure this isn't a simple case of buyer's remorse?

4. Tom H

Tom H LawnSite Member

yes I used an electric buffer with automotive wax nothing its not water stains if youd like to try youself feel free

5. whiffyspark

whiffyspark LawnSite Fanatic

Not automotive wax

Cleaner wax. Or a polish. You need something slightly abrasive.

I used to detail cars professionally
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. Patriot Services

Patriot Services LawnSite Fanatic

So no inspection on delivery? No warranty? BT is rarely complained about. PPG paints has even given them high praise and awards. I just don't see anybody paying top dollar for a trailer and not even doing a walk around prior to leaving the lot.
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. Tom H

Tom H LawnSite Member

big tex fixed it. they had a company clean it up they had to put a 80:1 acetone bath

8. whiffyspark

whiffyspark LawnSite Fanatic

Funny that's one of the ways people remove hard water spots. At least they used to that's an old method

Better was your trailer though acetone sucks everything out of the paint/clear coat.
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. Willismower

Willismower LawnSite Member

Big tex trailers suck I have had to rebuild ramp there is breaks in the side rails axle broke off trailer had to add thicker metal to fix I will never buy other one it is the worst built trailer I have ever owned and I have had a few trailers
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. RedSox4Life

RedSox4Life LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mass

I have a 13 year old big tex trailer. I had a u bolt break once, that was bad. Other than that it's been trouble free. Have done brakes, bearings, lights etc of course. I'm actually thinking about doing a little overhaul this winter and then keeping it in service for another 5-10 years.