Brand new but not so great =(

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Prot1, Sep 23, 2004.

1. Prot1

Prot1 LawnSite Member

This week we purchased a brand new HEZ2500S straight shaft redmax edger. I was so excited to fire this thing up and now that i have im not impressed at all. First off we run all redmax hand tools and backpacks. I have always loved their stuff and have had no problems to speak of.

The first thing i dislike about this edger is the wheel. Its huge and always in the way. When the edger is in the rack the wheel is beating up my other equipment. I guess ill just take it off.

The second thing i dislike is the weight. This thing weighs a ton compared to my old edger (echo pe200 curved shaft). I could also do without the handle? What the heck is the purpose of that monstrosity. The edger blades also dont get run as far down because the shroud is so big. The worst thing of all about this edger is the job it does.....its not that great!

I guess i should have demoed this model before buying it but i have always been so satisfied with redmax i didnt see the purpose. ALWAYS demo your equipment before you buy =)

2. specialtylc

specialtylc LawnSite Bronze Member

Return it to the dealer and get a refund. A good dealer will not have a problem doing that. I have done this 3 or 4 times in the past.