Brand new ECHO SRM260s for $227.00

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by EagleLandscape, Nov 15, 2003.

1. EagleLandscape

EagleLandscape LawnSite Platinum Member
    Male, from Garland, Texas

2. Planet Landscaping

Planet Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

$250 + 27 shipping now Buy a Shindiawa!

3. Clay

Clay LawnSite Member

Get the newer echo if you want a machine that only runs good under full throttle... My older echo 260 is probably the best 2 cycle I have ever owned, so I bought a new one which is probably the worst 2 cycle I've ever owned.... Hard to start and poor throttle response at lower rpms....

I will switch to Shindi or Red Max for the next purchase...

Good Luck, Clay

4. chief5139

chief5139 LawnSite Member

om the low responsive thottle you have to make sure your dealer adjust the carb right because strait from the factory and in shipping they get knocked around and bumped and will knock them out of adjustment. and some dealers won't adjust the throttle before you buy some even sell them in the box but i'm not saying any names (home depot)

5. Cheesedawg1

Cheesedawg1 LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

jwingfield2k

This trimmer seems to be very cheap. What do you think a Echo or Redmax? Right now I am using a Srm 230 and it has been my first season and I can see I want more power. Go for this or check our a Redmax?

6. EagleLandscape

eh, the 230 is alright, but i upgraded from a 210 to 260 this summer. I have to say I love it. Took a while to get the motor broken in though. About a week or so. Starts first pull in cold/heat. Enough power for me. I like it. I got mine for 285 at my dealer.

7. bpurser154

bpurser154 LawnSite Member

Any two stroke manufactured after Jan. 1, 2001 by any company, with the exception of Redmax has a catylitic converter in the muffler. This it to reduce emissions; however, none of them reduce emissions enough. What do the companies do to further the emission reduction. They lean the fuel mixture with more air. This kills the power. Thats the reason, it is so important to check and be certain your new purchase does not have a catylitic convertor. All the companies made a lot of units prior to 1/1/01, to continue having their previously high performing machines. Most of them are running out of the high performing machines buillt prior to 1/1/01. Stihl and Shindaiwa are building four stroke hybrid engines (still mix the gas and oil). However, they have 14-15 moving parts, and their previous engines had only 3 moving parts. How many times have you removed the spark arrestor in your muffler to keep carbon from forming in the muffler. That is the exit point for the burned fuel and oil. In these hybrid engines, the exhaust will now need to go through the valves, bypassing springs, rocker arms, etc. In your old engines, you had to remove the spark arrestor, now you will need to do a valve job.

Redmax is the only one that still has only three moving parts, without a catylitic muffler and a leaned out engine.

8. EagleLandscape

can i remove my catalytic convertor in my srm260 purchased earlier this year, and it will increase performance?

9. floridalawncare

floridalawncare LawnSite Member

people are really complaining about units being hard to start. well it's gonna get worse. walbro is the leading carb on most models today, and i've noticed alot of units are getting that way. so unless you can get a new unit that's not compliant to the upcoming epa standards you have to live with it. shindaiwa and redmax are the only two left that offer this that i know of. and redmax only offers the 4400 blower which they just took out of production, and the 225 trimmer. all echo's units now have the tornado motor, and they'll be ahead in the future because of the extra r&d they're doing now. in facti even have thought of buying a few extra units and keeping them for the time they take all the non-epa products off the shelf.

10. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

Sold for $250

These Newer 2 strokers have NON-Adjustable carbs. I'm not sure they have a catalytic converter in the muffler though?