BRAND NEW Lazer Z Advantage series X UNDERPOWERED

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ktoom, Jun 15, 2010.

1. ktoom

ktoom LawnSite Member

Today i picked up a brand new Lazer Z advantage series X 52" mower with the 23 Kohler and the ultra vac system. Well i role up to the first house which has a hill in the front of it. When i went to mow the hill the mower bogged down real bad while going up the hill. If i pushed the bars harder it probably would have stalled. Im very pissed because my dealer said i would be fine with the 23hp kohler and so far im not happy. I should have got the 27HP kohler. This thing don;t even have 1 hr on it yet. Am i over reacting and should i let it break in???? Or is this a problem other people have too? Im gonna contact the dealer tomorrow. My 2006 lazer z hp 50" goes up the same hill better than the new mower. The new mower also feels heaver too. What do you guys think i should do? Thanks Chris

2. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes LawnSite Fanatic

Always, always, always get the largest engine available.

3. Zivman

Zivman LawnSite Member

with the research i did, I would think a 23hp on a 52" setup would be just enough. Not overpowered, but should do the job. If you are upset, I would discuss it with the dealer and see what you can workout.

4. ktoom

ktoom LawnSite Member

It may be enough without the collection vac, but i bag most of the lawns. We have a 23hp kawi on the other mower so i thought everything would have been fine, not worse lol.

5. thomp62301

thomp62301 LawnSite Member

I always recomended the 27hp when i'm selling that unit with a bagger. It's ok without a vac.

6. BINKY1902

BINKY1902 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from South

You will gain more power once the engine breaks in. Any engine becomes more efficient (powerful) when it gets broke in.

7. ktoom

ktoom LawnSite Member

We were gonna go with the 27hp, but my dealer said it was a bad idea if we were gonna sell the mower in 3 years. I mean what can my dealer really do for me if now i want the other motor? I know im gonna have to pay extra for the bigger motor. Its tough cuz do i call the dealer up and tell him my issue or do i run it and see if it gets better? Im also worried that even if i let the motor break in im gonna be out luck if it still is under power for my needs.

8. Zivman

Zivman LawnSite Member

the Kawasaki is probably a better motor. I feel for ya, hope you can work something out with the dealer. Even with break-in, I doubt it will satisfy you in terms of power. Call your dealer, tell him the 'demo' didn't go well and you definitely want the 27.

9. puppypaws

puppypaws LawnSite Fanatic

The vac system is causing your main problem, when in doubt, always go stout! You better do something about your new Exmark in a hurry, or you will be sick every time you operate it.

10. Darryl G

Darryl G LawnSite Fanatic

I ditto that.