Brand new mower!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by jdutcher003, Apr 24, 2010.

1. jdutcher003

jdutcher003 LawnSite Member

So I went to look at new mowers today because I am sick of a walk behind so i went to the snapper pro and john deere dealer. There was a last years model snapper pro 150 so I ended up buying it!! I get to pick it up on monday. The mower has zero hours on it even though it was last years model.

It has a 48 inch deck with a 21 hp kawasaki. I was very impressed with it! It was very smooth and very responsive. Lets see how long it takes me to get used to.

Any tips for turning so I don't tear up the lawn? I know most people will say 3 point turns but its a zero turn you dont need to do that

2. Lloyd at work

Lloyd at work LawnSite Member

Congrads on your new purchase.

3. Hawg City Lawns

Hawg City Lawns LawnSite Bronze Member

awesome... you know youre gonna have to give a review now right?

for turns just keep both wheels spinning at the same time i usually do the 3 point turn though

4. jdutcher003

Dont worry I will give a review sometime next week when I have time. I dont think I will be disappointed!

5. verant

verant LawnSite Senior Member

nice. show some pics when u get it going

6. jdutcher003

i will hopefully get my pictures up on monday after I get the mower and test it out! :clapping:

7. mowerbrad

mowerbrad LawnSite Fanatic

What made you go with snapper over deere? Was it just the price or something else?

8. rcslawncare

rcslawncare LawnSite Bronze Member

Interesting you chose that one. But for the turns, a 3 point is best when getting used to, now I can zero turn with limited turf tear now.

9. jdutcher003

basically the snapper was about $2000 lower. it was a leftover from last year. the deeres were nice, but I have heard a lot of good things about the snapper pro so I decided to go that way considering it was so much cheaper!