Brand of Hydro Fluid Shipped from Factory?

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by TonyMeister, Apr 14, 2006.

1. TonyMeister

TonyMeister LawnSite Member

I've got a new Super Z with a 27 Kohler. Does anyone know what brand of 10w40 oil the hydro system ships from the factory with?

I don't want to mix oils if I need to top off the hydro system. Thanks...Tony

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

I have that information some where, I am pretty sure it has been on this forum also.
    Let me look for it, I will post when I find it.

Pj

3. TonyMeister

TonyMeister LawnSite Member

Thanks PJ...

I did a search and found a thread from a few years ago on the subject. It said that Mobil 10w40 was used at the factory.

I'm assuming that has not changed, so I'll go with it. Thanks again...Tony

4. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

I found that also, but as old as that post was, I was going to wait until Monday to verify that we are still using that brand of oil.

5. FIRESCOOBY

FIRESCOOBY LawnSite Senior Member

Please let us know PJ. Also if it is Mobil 1 or dino Mobil. If it's dino, when can you change to synthetic in the hydro?

6. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

I know its not Mobil 1.
    You can change the hydro fluid anytime you like, there is no break in needed for hydro components.

Pj

7. tsanteto

tsanteto LawnSite Member

The Trimstar 36 hydro manual says that hydro oil and filter should be changed at 50 hours and then every 200 hours. Any benefit to using Mobil One or another synthetic? Love my Trimstar so far!

8. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

I have not heard of anyone running synthetic in the TrimStar hydros, I will ask around and see what the guys in engineering thing about it.

Pj

9. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

I am told you can run Mobil 1 15w50 synthetic in the hydros on your TrimStar.

10. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

Nothing has changed, we still use Mobil 10w40 in the hydros and Mobil 10w30 in the engines.

Pj