Brand of mower used?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Toroguy, May 13, 2001.

?

Most popular Mower brand

1. Exmark

33 vote(s)
    25.8%
  2. Deere

6 vote(s)
    4.7%
  3. Toro

16 vote(s)
    12.5%
  4. Scag

13 vote(s)
    10.2%
  5. Dixie Chopper

15 vote(s)
    11.7%
  6. Wright

2 vote(s)
    1.6%
  7. Great Dane

4 vote(s)
    3.1%
  8. Gravely

1 vote(s)
    0.8%
  9. Walker

10 vote(s)
    7.8%
  10. Other

28 vote(s)
    21.9%
  1. Toroguy

Toroguy LawnSite Bronze Member

I noticed this "poll" feature from a post by "guido".

I was wondering what the most popular brand of front line mower everyone is using? Just name brand, no models needed.

If you post "other" feel free to reply with the brand name.

Brands I felt were not the major nine I polled are as follows: Lesco, Accu, Bush Hog, Husqvarna, Massey Ferguson, Ransome, Honda, Gravely, Cub Cadet, Dixon, MTD, Encore, Snapper, Sutech, Bobcat, Woods, Ferris, Landscapers Supply, GrassHopper, Yazoo/Kees, Kubota, Rich and Bunton.

These were the ones I recall off the top of my head. If I have forgotten any feel free to add also.

2. Administrator

Administrator Administrator

If you post to this thread we don't want to see any equipment wars. Don't even bother baggin on somebody for not using the equipment you use. Post's like that kill a thread fast.

3. Toroguy

The nine I chose reflect what I see locally and in the magazines that are sent to me. They do not reflect what I perceive as the "best". The poll is to determine the most common and frequently used mower in the industry, and a general percentage of its popularity.

4. Fantasy Lawns

Fantasy Lawns LawnSite Bronze Member

cool ;->

5. awm

awm LawnSite Gold Member

good post but your list is way to short. hustler,husque
    snapper, grasshopper, bobcat, yardly(FERRIS) ,wright, deere

:blob3: :p

6. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

AWM, in another post on this topic, Pierre explained that you can only have 10 in a poll. This is why the list is short, but Deere is on the list.

You would need a poll with about 30 spots to do this fairly. I just looked at a list of 25 lawn mowers and there were two missing that I knew of on that list, Toro and Wright Stander, so they were not off the wall Mfg. companies that were missing.

7. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

Actually another problem with online polls is you can usually only pick 1 choice. As you can see by my tagline there are a lot of companies that use more than one brand of mower. But, if DC made walkbehinds... My Gravely doesn't count.

8. Bower's

Bower's LawnSite Member

Ferris here

9. Grassman

Grassman LawnSite Member

Toroguy, Ransomes and Bobcat are the same company wich is now owned by Textron. Russ

10. Toroguy

Thanks for the input guys. As Eric had stated I came up with 33 brands of mowers (not differentiating corporations that own several brands) But the poll only allows ten categories. The other ones I came up with are listed in the first post to this thread.

I did not consider about multiple brands as noted by Richard, so I would say that your most used brand of mower would be the one to choose.

I guess this needed more thought before I posted it.