Brand of string trimmer line?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by NittanyLawncare, May 20, 2008.

1. NittanyLawncare

NittanyLawncare LawnSite Member

What brand of string trimmer line do you guys use? I was looking at getting a spool and need opinions, would be using .095" in an echo 230 and 210. I had used husky titanium line before and it seemed to cut well and last a long time. Want to see if theres better options and for the price! Sorry if this has been asked and answered, but I searched archived threads and was met with limited results.

2. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Sydenstricker Landscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

I use the husky titanium line as well. I love it and have used the Echo line and the Stihl line. I think the Husky stuff def, cuts nicer and lasts longer

3. SmittyCity

SmittyCity LawnSite Member

I have an Echo 210i and I also run .95 Husky Titanium seems to work the best for me yet.

4. cwmiller928

cwmiller928 LawnSite Member

i use the same thing, I only wish they made a square titanium line. I like it alot.

5. billslawn89

billslawn89 LawnSite Bronze Member

.080 black spiral from landscapers pro...i used to use .095 but switched to the smaller string, uses less power on the trimmer.

6. MileHigh

MileHigh LawnSite Silver Member

I buy the line in bulk from my dealer. I get the line that is on the large spools for a trimmer line holder. I think It's some kind of nylon line..real strong.

7. BryceBentleyLCS

BryceBentleyLCS LawnSite Member

Echo .105 :usflag:

8. btnj47

btnj47 LawnSite Senior Member

who sells the husky line you guys are talking about ? Id like to give it a try

9. tamadrummer

tamadrummer LawnSite Bronze Member

I am using the Stihl X-cut .095 and it is real nice!

I just gave away a 3# spool of GrassGator .095 because it broke faster than any line I ever used! My friend doesn't care and will use it up so he is happy! (Home Depot stuff)

I also used John Deere I-Beam (Kawasaki) .095 but I ran the spool over. This was great stuff too!

10. JShe8918

JShe8918 LawnSite Senior Member

I use gatorline square .095 and stihl round .095. I prefer the gatorline though. It has some kind of string or something in the middle of it. Not wire but something..