Brand Spankin' New 797

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by soccerlawn, Jul 14, 2005.

1. soccerlawn

soccerlawn LawnSite Senior Member

I just got my first John Deere and I absolutely love it. It cuts great, handles great, and looks awesome.

I got the 60" deck so the 29hp. LC, DFI engine has no problem plowing through even the toughest grass.

I know a lot of you out there are looking to buy a John Deere and I would suggest demo one of there units, if you are in the market for a mower.

Micah.

2. meathead1134

meathead1134 LawnSite Senior Member

a picture in action would be nice, how much did you pay for it??

3. deereman

deereman LawnSite Senior Member
    from USA

Congrats on your new and wise choice!! You will love your new Deere and with good maintenance it should give you years of serviceand enjoyment. payup

4. iluvscag

iluvscag LawnSite Senior Member

We run 2 Scag's with the 29 HRS LC DFI also. :)

5. rednecktjr

rednecktjr LawnSite Member

i demoed a 797 and a scag with 27hp tha jd will run circles around the scag and cuts alot better too.

6. soccerlawn

I'll see if I can get a picture of it.

I paid 9950+tax and a also got the the stilh 4 mix 110 at the same time, so the dealer took 10% off the weedwiper.

7. splatz100

splatz100 LawnSite Senior Member

16 and a $10000 purchase.....

8. soccerlawn

The profile isn't up to date, I'm 17 but yes that is my purchase and my parents did not pay a dime for it.

To clarify I paid for a about half of it, and the rest is on John Deere's 0 interest, 0 payments for 12 months. So I will pay it off before fall hits.

In the fall I will still mainly use my toro though because I already have the bagging kit on it.

9. Lawn Masters

Lawn Masters LawnSite Senior Member

Not a bad deal on a mower.

10. soccerlawn

That was the best price I found anywhere near me. Most other dealers were 10,200-11,200.