Brand Spankin New

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Marin Lawn Care, May 7, 2011.

1. Marin Lawn Care

Marin Lawn Care LawnSite Member

Hey all,
    My name is Mike, I own Marin Lawn Care here in Northern California. I currently have a pooper scooper business ( marin pet waste removal ) and have been thinking about adding lawn care service for many months. I currently have about 70 clients that I clean yards for on a weekly basis, nice little income, but I can do better.

Lookin forward to meeting some of you here.

Best Regards,
    Mike

2. Dr.NewEarth

Dr.NewEarth LawnSite Bronze Member

I wish more people would contract services such as yours. By far my biggest problem is Dog Owners that won't clean-up.

No-body wants to have to carry or load a dirty lawn mower, or work all day with that all over their clothes.

Dog yard cleanups and non-compliance by residents in home owner associations are difficult to deal with.

If I do an estimate at a dirty residential property, I will decline if it is gross and damaged.

I respect what you do do.

3. Patriot Services

Patriot Services LawnSite Fanatic

I wish more people used your services too. Inhaling aerosolized animal fecal matter is part of this job I could do without.
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. Dr.NewEarth

Dr.NewEarth LawnSite Bronze Member

Keep your mouth closed when you use the weed eater.

5. flyingdutch16

flyingdutch16 LawnSite Senior Member

so true. Not only for possible poop. but also rocks and all that stuff fly every where!

6. weeze

weeze LawnSite Fanatic

if there's a yard full of dog crap such as a fenced in backyard i don't do it...i pass on it every time...too much to deal with as well as a stupid dog barking the whole time you are there...they can find someone else to do do their yard lol

7. Patriot Services

I guess you don't breathe much.
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. Patriot Services

I guess you don't breathe much. Fun fact for you guys. There is not a single drop of water on this planet that has not had fecal matter in it. Aren't you glad you have an immune system?
    Posted via Mobile Device