Brand you use for blowers and trimmers

Discussion in 'Industry Surveys & Polls' started by bigcountry01, Jan 23, 2007.

brand of blowers and trimmers you use

Poll closed Jan 28, 2007.
  1. Echo

21 vote(s)
  2. Stihl

21 vote(s)
  3. shindaiwa

7 vote(s)
  4. red max

19 vote(s)
  5. other

6 vote(s)
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. bigcountry01

bigcountry01 LawnSite Member

im starting my second year in business and i want to make a decision on a brand and stick with it.
  2. steve m

steve m LawnSite Member

I like stihl it seems to last a little longer. but echo is good to a little bit the big boxs
  3. jmurphy

jmurphy LawnSite Senior Member

I like Stihl. I am slowly switching all of my handhelds over. BTW, I dont recommend buying the handhelds at Home Depot. They may work for a little while in commercial use, but if they need service you are out of luck. Find a reputable dealer who knows what he is talking about and who is close enough so that you don't have to go far to get a part or service.
  4. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

To the original poster,

What brands do your local dealers sell? What equipment are you running now?
  5. vanguard

vanguard LawnSite Member

We've been very happy with the Redmax handhelds, we have some Stihl stuff also, but we've had cronic problems with getting them started, even if they sit in the rack for 20 minutes after use. Redmax starts right up (first or second pull) even after sitting overnight! Also had good luck with Kawasaki's handhelds. :)
  6. bigcountry01

bigcountry01 LawnSite Member

anyone know about how much red max equipment costs compaired to shindaiwa? my local dealer sells both. i do have a shindaiwa t231 line trimmer..seems a little underpowered though.
  7. RedMax Man

RedMax Man LawnSite Platinum Member

RedMax here, they makes very dependable equipment. The strato charged engines are awesome.
  8. asjgabries

asjgabries LawnSite Member

I buy redmax for the warranty. Had echos before but didnt seem to last more than a year. I have used shinadwa and after 30 minutes felt like my arm was gonna fall off. EPA laws make the new engines suck so get the longest warranty you can. I have had a lot of problems with my redmax engines but all fixed for free. when they run they run great. that is all with wackers. No problems with redmax blowers.

MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE LawnSite Bronze Member

Redmax here and a few shins.
  10. shsmallengines

shsmallengines LawnSite Member

Buy the brand that has good dealer support in your area, big box store has no support for you when it's broke and you need repairs