Brandon Cuts Lawn Care- stripes

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by brandoncuts54, Apr 10, 2011.

1. brandoncuts54

brandoncuts54 LawnSite Senior Member

Planted mums and some cabbage plants

n.png

i.png

2. Blades Lawn Maintenance

Blades Lawn Maintenance LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from Baton Rouge, La

Yeah I was looking at a 6.0L as well but I've heard that do many ppl have had problems idk if I want to take the chance

3. Kleen Kutz

Kleen Kutz LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Ama,La

Yea your right. It's better to be safe than sorry :-(
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. alexschultz1

alexschultz1 LawnSite Bronze Member

The 6.0 gets a very bad rap, one of mine runs like a banshee and has a lot of well used miles on it. My other has 130,000 miles on the odometer and has yet to have ANY problems with it. The secret is deleting the egr and changing the oil regularly.

5. Blades Lawn Maintenance

Blades Lawn Maintenance LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from Baton Rouge, La

What does that do?

6. brandoncuts54

Yea how do u delete the egr?

7. brandoncuts54

Got a kawasaki hedge trimmer yesterday fricken love it

Picture 6.png

8. Kleen Kutz

Kleen Kutz LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Ama,La

Nice trimmers man!!
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. LandFakers

LandFakers LawnSite Fanatic
    from CT

The 6.0's aren't too bad, but they can be catastrophic if you don't do something at the first sight of problems. If you open the hood of the truck and there is any white residue anywhere on the motor or air box or anywhere... Close the good and go home. That means that your head studs are already gone, coolant is in the cylinders, and it gets worse from there.

10. S-205

S-205 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Ontario

LISTEN TO ME right NOW! Go onto google and start to research 6.0 Powerjokes before you buy one. When you don't understand what EGR, DPF, regen, head studs, variable vain turbos, etc means, then go back to google and search the words. There is a ton of information about the common issues that you will be able to understand. Forums everywhere talk about them, so you will get the lingo pretty quick.

It will help a ton though, because you'll know what to look for. Personally I do like them, I think its an OK motor with an awesome transmission. There are ways to make them more reliable but quite honestly I haven't seen any that are even close to being bulletproof. Know what you're buying and the price you should buy it at!