1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Brandon Cuts Lawn Care- stripes

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by brandoncuts54, Apr 10, 2011.

1. jeffslawnservice

jeffslawnservice LawnSite Senior Member

That's pretty good if you can fit ten yards in there. What size is it? I'm debating between dump trailer an another pick up or a high side dump truck right now and both have a lot of pros and cons. A buddy of mine I went to school with works out of blue bell, Phil g something, he's got a real Italian last name I can never spell correct lol but he drives a grey dodge pick up and big grey enclosed. But blue bell is a nice area once in a while I work out that way, I'm from northeast philly right near Abington.

2. brandoncuts54

brandoncuts54 LawnSite Senior Member

Its a 6x12 and i actually know Phil haha but im gonna buy a dump truck down the road tho u can plow and pull so much more with a dump truck than a pickup truck.

3. jeffslawnservice

jeffslawnservice LawnSite Senior Member

Yea Phil is the man but your right with a dump truck holding more and pulling more than a pick up and that's what I'm leaning towards. I know my pick up now is always overloaded and its even worse in the winter with a salt spreader in the back. I hath ink I'm leaning towards a 450/4500 series dump because you can hold a good amount of weight but the truck is still small enough to plow and be used in small jobs.

4. brandoncuts54

Good call man i think im gonna be looking for one next year probably 450,550, or a duramax 3500 idk yet

5. brandoncuts54

New boxwoods and some annual flowers

Picture 5.jpg

6. brandoncuts54

Did a big house today took all day with 4 guys so u get the picture. Also planted a new tree and we cut after words.

Picture 12.png

Picture 10.jpg

Picture 9.jpg

Picture 8.jpg

Picture 7.jpg

Picture 6.jpg

7. Kleen Kutz

Kleen Kutz LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Ama,La

Nice work Brandon, how's that Ford holding up? I just brought myself a 16ft box truck. Go and check it out on my thread. All I need to do is put a dovetail on it. :dancing:

8. brandoncuts54

Built some shelves for some of my equipment today because it was a wash of a day 5 inches of rain..

Picture 12.jpg

9. matt10486

matt10486 LawnSite Member

how much that dump trailer set you back? you pay for it or finance? you lucky enough to store all that equipment at home?

10. brandoncuts54

$5800 cash 6x12, paid cash, and yea all my stuff i keep at my house. looking for a shop for next season tho.