1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Brandon's EPIC iphone unload

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by BrandonV, Jul 9, 2008.

1. BrandonV

BrandonV LawnSite Platinum Member

wow haven't put up any pics for yall lately, well here's what's happening/been happening in the land of creek. Top two pics are drainage/ early installation of a main line/ braided 2wire lead before patio goes in. we also threw the gas line in, potable water line in and a pics of 10-2 for the kitchen to be. This project is coming along nicely and the owner is very involved which in this case make it a lot of fun because he has great ideas and like myself likes everything to be top notch.

2nd set is from a home in concord we were lucky to be recommended for. Very nice people to work for, we unfortunately arn't doing the irrigation system hence the toro rotors, and of course the pr200 pipe. I took a pic of the head placement for ML, is that right? I usually have them at the edge of the turf but I guess water does run down hill... we were introduced too late, and my mother doesn't like to "critique" other's work too much as to not come off like a jerk, which I'm sure I might tend to do :)

IMG_0442.jpg

IMG_0444.jpg

wheat2.jpg

wheat3.jpg

wheat7.jpg

2. BrandonV

more of the mission house (as we call it) incase anyone is wondering I tried posting some pics in the "pictures" forum, and didn't get a single reply... I was crushed so I'm just sharing w/ my bros in the h20 section here out.

wheat9.jpg

wheat10.jpg

wheat11.jpg

wheat12.jpg

wheat13.jpg

3. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

Nice job! How ya gonna water that pot in pic #4? Where's the head layout pic?

4. BrandonV

more from the mission, now this is more for hardscapers but yall will understand too. Water, believe it or not, runs down hill. You shouldn't in my opinion put in an expensive decorative gravel drive not knowing what you're doing. This company which is a professional hardscaper put this in, first pics is before a thunder storm, 2nd is after (this morning). I' of course wasn't here when this was installed but I'd have handled this, but they should have but didn't use any containment system (ie gravelpave2) homeowner ain't happy, nor should he be. I of course pushed most of the gravel back up the hill this morning.

wheat14.jpg

wheat15.jpg

wheat16.jpg

wheat17.jpg

wheat18.jpg

5. Mike Leary

The road sucks, as does the cheesy frostfree.

6. BrandonV

top pic from mission, 2nd and 3rd are from a job we designed, but didn't get. now i see why i was high :) looks awful, but the fountain in this shopping center, doesn't use fountain nozzles if you look closely you'll see toro sprays w/ the test cap i'm assuming (never used toro) WOW*trucewhiteflag*
    Last photo is for CSR, Asheboro (the largest dry city east of the Mississippi is voting this year on booze again, of course a sect of society is up in arms... pretty snazzy banner I must admit. I of course don't indulge in sprits, but I would like a Harris Teeter again, which from what I understand can't justify a store w/o the sale of vino. Snapped this pics from the mini, so it's not the best.

wheat20.jpg

fanta1.jpg

fanta2.jpg

drink1.jpg

7. BrandonV

he has a gardner, no irrigation on the plants, just the turf... which I didn't do

8. Mike Leary

Sucks also head layout in pic # 3 ..should have been separate zones for runoff control. Did'nt ROTAR teach you anything?

9. BrandonV

mike, my company is not and did not install the irrigation system, and rotar did teach me something... just can't remember what.

10. Mike Leary

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: