Branford sanders

Discussion in '<a href=http://www.plowsite.com target=_blank ?>Sn' started by snow, Dec 24, 1999.

1. snow

snow Guest

I went to an open house at a local construction dealer last year, and saw a truck with a Branford sander on the back. It was a cool little spreader. Has anyone used these before? Also,does anyone know of dealers for them in CT? Thanks,<p>Bryan<br>http://www.snowplow.web.com

2. GeoffDiamond

GeoffDiamond LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Maine

If a product was show at a dealer's open house i bet he sells the product. If you want to know about a bradford sander ask the dealer if any of the people he sold them to are willing to talk about them. <p>Geoff

3. snow

snow Guest

What happened was one of the contractors there had one on his trucks, the dealer does not sell them.<p>Bryan

4. plowking35

plowking35 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from S.E. CT

The bottom line is that almost all small v box spreaders are very similar and work pretty well. the engines are reliable, and they all use electric clutchs which also work well. The exceptions are Curtis who uses a pony engine(5 hp) over hydro. Smith industries and downeasterner who both offer an electric motor option.<br>Dino<p>----------<br> Professional Ice and Snow Management <br>Products:Services:Equipment www.sima.org

5. GeoffDiamond

GeoffDiamond LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Maine

then why didn't ya ask the contractor about them?<p>Geoff

6. snow

snow Guest

I would have asked the contractor, but, his truck had no company name or advertisements on his truck. There were also many people there so I couldn't find out who it was.<br>Bryan<br>http://www.snowplow.web.com<p>Happy New Year!!!

7. John DiMartino

John DiMartino LawnSite Silver Member

Hi everyone,I'm new to this forum.Snow, I have a Bradford sander,they are out of Walton,NY.I to haven't seen any others and wonder why.It is a great little unit,stainless,it's light weight and low profile make it a breeze to see around and it doesnt squat my 3/4 ton becaause it's only a .9yard unit.It is big enough to do all my accounts once without reloading.I know this is an old post,but if you want any info I'll dig up my manual and give you what I have.Think more snow everyone!

8. plowking35

from S.E. CT

Hey John<br>Welcome to the forum, dont waste your time with little snow boy, he needs a spreader for his bicycle. Soe day when he gets older he can buy his very own snow equipment.<br>What powers your spreader, is it electric or gas. I have a smith/harder and it is an electric unit, and I love it.<br>Dino<p>----------<br> Professional Ice and Snow Management <br>Products:Services:Equipment www.sima.org

9. John DiMartino

John DiMartino LawnSite Silver Member

The spreader has a 5Hp briggs Quantum engine.It looks like it was lifted right out of a push mower-then they added a bigger fuel tank and a chain to the gearbox.I used to use an Airflow SS 1.8 yard w/8.5 briggs,I am amazed at how good the bradford works with only 5hp. Hey plowking35 I'm from Walden,NY and we just got 2-3'' thursday so I feel all warm and fuzzy after using my equipment.<p>----------<br>John D<br>

10. plowking35

from S.E. CT

Is that anywhere near Poukeepsi? If so you need to hook up with John Parker from NY SNow Pros. He has a coated salt, that works magic.<br>We were forcasted for 4-7 and ended up with 1 inch. Way to go weathermen. I have seen that spreader before, but the cost is almost the same as a full size unit, so we went with that instead. I have an airflow unit also, on a 3/4 ton p/u. Its a 1.8 but we only put 1 yard on the truck.<br>Dino<br><p>----------<br> Professional Ice and Snow Management <br>Products:Services:Equipment www.sima.org