1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

brass elbow

Discussion in 'Landscape Lighting' started by Pro-Scapes, Nov 9, 2007.

1. Pro-Scapes

Pro-Scapes LawnSite Platinum Member

Much like what mike m was discussing before either here or another site... I need to mount a small wall wash (stellar) to the facia board of a small porch overhang to uplight the 2nd store above the porch softly. The roof of the porch is copper and there is no gutter.

I was going to make something or buy a fitting but I want it to match. Does anyone make or does anyone know of a brass 90 degree elbow with a 1/2 male at one end and a female at the other so we can use a regular surface mount flange ? If not where can I buy a 3"x3" chunk of brass so I can machine one... looks will matter here and it will be noticeable.
  2. jnewton

jnewton LawnSite Member

Billy --
    I think Florida Outdoor Lighting Distributors (FOLD) might have what you need. If you click on "Replacement Parts" and scroll down you'll see a CAST Bronze Knuckle that may work. Just a thought....

RICHLONGHORN LawnSite Member

Pretty much any plumbing supply house should carry that fitting Billy. It is referred to as a 1/2" male x female street elbow.
  4. Pro-Scapes

thanks for the replies.. the knuckle may work with the addition of the nipple but i will check out the local plumbing place and see what i can dig up... thanks again.
  5. EOL

EOL LawnSite Member

Here are some pics of a couple of stellars I installed to light up some dormers.

Stellar pics 001.JPG

Stellar pics 002.JPG

Stellar pics 003.JPG
  6. ChampionLS

ChampionLS LawnSite Bronze Member

Whats up there Billy Bob!?? :rolleyes:

Why not use a brass Street Elbow?

7. INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting LawnSite Platinum Member

Excuse my intrusion here.... but if I may;

Next time, why not order those fixtures painted/powdercoated to match the trim colour of the fascia they are mounted to? This will make them blend in and be less visible both day and night.

Also, check out the NS MiniWashLiter for this application. The fixture and mount are smaller, more discrete and they can be colour matched to any RAL powder on the chart.

Have a great day.
  8. Mike M

Mike M LawnSite Bronze Member
    from usa

I have the nightscaping miniwashliters. They are available without the stem, and have a bracket which can be mounted directly on the house. In fact, maybe today will be the day I try some demo mounting above my porch.

By the way, nice pics ELO.

Yes, I am convinced that I will put them on today. It's hard to motivate myself to do work for a non-paying customer (me). Do you think my wife might pay me?
  9. Pro-Scapes

im willing to bet your wife does your laundry and other things for you... thats payment in full.

Thanks effrain but that wont work for me. Nice work but I will need to mount the stellar and then be able to aim it more horizontal than up. Still need to go pick up that elbow
  10. JoeyD

JoeyD LawnSite Silver Member

Mind you the Stellar can be powdercoated from the factory any color one prefers. On top of that you can remove the stellars knuckle and flush moutn it directly tot he wall if you choose. The brass Stellar is a thicker more durable light then the stamped NS miniwashliter.