1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Break-In Period

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by rodfather, Oct 24, 2004.

1. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Just bought the Remax 8000 Backpack yesterday. Nice unit btw too since we have a couple of the 7001's as well. I probably should have asked my dealer before leaving with it, but is there a certain amount of time/number of operating hours before this baby is fully cranking? Or is it up to speed right out of the box?

Thanks guys...
  2. Fareway Lawncare

Fareway Lawncare LawnSite Silver Member
    from Canada

There is no need to break it in but I do it anyway....2 tanks....3/4 throttle.
  3. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

I know these are very strong and reliable blowers. But I gotta ask Rod.... does one of those things ever make it onto your back... or only on the backs of your labor?

I tried one on and felt like I was going to fall over backwards. Dang things seem to stick out so far off your back....

DUSTYCEDAR LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

just gas it rod lol
  5. rodfather

Hell yes...why should they have all the fun LOL.
    65hoss likes this.
  6. Grasman

Grasman LawnSite Member

I ran mine same as Fareway Lawncare. Two tanks and 3/4 throttle. Had it now about a month no problems starts second or third pull and puts out alot more volume of air than my 650. Only thing bad is the wife dosen't like it as much as the 650 says it's harder to pick up and the padding and shoulder straps are not right for her and it's uncomfortable. I like it but my body is a lot different than hers.
  7. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

I usually let them run for an hour or so just above idle, changing the rpm's every few minutes. Then I don't go to full throttle for a couple of days. Then run it hard. As they loosen up they will pick up more power.
  8. rodfather

Thanks Eric...tried it today and it is impressive. Has a totally different sound from my 7001's and Echos too btw.
  9. Turfdude

Turfdude LawnSite Bronze Member

You can always drop it off down my way and I'll let you know in about a month and a half if its broken in yet! :cool:
  10. rodfather

I got a better idea Td...come up and run it for me for that month and a half :) I'm sure you could use the practice LOL.